Mt. Carmel Baptist Church is seeking to fill the position of Senior Pastor to lead our church in her next season of ministry. Our current Senior Pastor of 25 years will be retiring in the near future and we have initiated our pastor search process. We look forward to God leading us and our next pastor to be connected through a prayerful discovery process, filled with the Holy Spirit.
Senior Pastor Description
The Senior Pastor is responsible for leading Mt. Carmel to function as a New Testament church. He will lead the congregation, the organizations, and the church staff to perform their tasks. The Senior Pastor is leader of pastoral ministries in the church. As such, he works with the church staff and lay leaders to:
• Lead the church in the achievement of its mission
• Proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers
• Care for the church’s members and other persons in the community
Senior Pastor Requirements
• Licensed or ordained minister in the Southern Baptist Convention
• Minimum of six years of relevant ministry experience
• Bachelor’s degree; graduate seminary degree preferred
• Committed to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message
• Born-again believer
• Experienced a clear call from the Lord to be a pastor
• Set as personal behavior the standards required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-4, and Titus 1:5-9
Senior Pastor Characteristics
• Strong personal walk with the Lord and commitment to family
• Transformational, authentic preaching and teaching of God’s Word to foster discipleship
• Heart is broken for the lost; committed to outreach, evangelism and missions
• Servant leader who guides staff and church; delegates well
• Encourages and leads church in prayer, worship and fellowship
• Shepherds by providing spiritual guidance and counsel; values visitation
• Engages the church to align vision with God’s will
• Oversees daily operations of the church; has a good sense of financial management
• Leads the church in observances of ordinances; performs wedding and funerals; works with denominational leaders
About Mt. Carmel Baptist Church (www.mtcarmelbaptist.org)
Mt. Carmel Baptist Church was established in 1822 in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and hold to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. We are a friendly, welcoming church that desires all people know and worship Jesus. We enjoy vibrant Life Groups, blended worship services and a commitment to missions. Our church is debt free.
In addition to the position of Senior Pastor, our church is supported by a wonderful ministerial and administrative team.
Transforming lives through Christ-centered relationships
We strive to do this by:
• Being a dynamic spiritual organism empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with as many people as possible in our church, community, and throughout the world.
• Being a worshiping fellowship, experiencing an awareness of God, recognizing His person, and responding in obedience to His leadership.
• Experiencing an increasingly meaningful fellowship with God and fellow believers.
• Helping people experience a growing knowledge of God and man.
• Ministering unselfishly to people in the community and the world in Jesus’ name.
• Being a church with the purpose of being Christ-like in our daily living by emphasizing total commitment of life, personality, and possessions to the lordship of Christ.
8:15 AM Worship Service
9:30 AM Life Groups
10:45 AM Worship Service
4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
Youth Choir/Bible Study
Adult Bible Studies
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Children’s Bible Study
Youth Bible Study
Adult Bible Studies
Our average worship attendance is 390 with a Life Group attendance of 230.
If the Holy Spirit is prompting you to consider this ministry opportunity, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Senior Pastor Search Committee
Mt. Carmel Baptist Church
8645 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Search Team Contact: Patrick Madigan Personal phone: (513) 607-4134
Welcome to Mt. Carmel Baptist Church! In today's busy, impersonal world, people are looking for a place where they can feel acceptance and belonging. Mt. Carmel is that kind of place. It is a place full of life and activity, a place of understanding and practical advice for everday life, a place where people have a sense of family. People of all ages have found their place at Mt. Carmel. We want Mt. Carmel to be your place, too. Come join us! 2 Worship Services: 8:15 am and 10:45 am Bible Study 9:30 am Website: www.mtcarmelbaptist.org