Wears Valley First Baptist Church, located just 7.9 miles from Pigeon Forge and 14.5 miles from Gatlinburg, is seeking a part time Minister of Music to lead the congregation during worship services and direct the adult choir. He will keep the music program moving forward and work collaboratively with the pastor, instrumentalists, singers and AV technicians to ensure all worship services are organized and executed in a seamless manner. A successful candidate will have a genuine love for the Lord and be passionate about music ministry. He must have a passion to help others grow in their relationship with Christ and in the church. The person who serves in this capacity should live in such a manner that his conduct cannot be questioned. This person must also be pleasant, not easily provoked, and able to meet people in a friendly manner, and be cooperative in all relationships and matters. Please send resume to email listed below.
* Strong faith and personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
* Provide a worship service that incorporates both contemporary and traditional hymns.
* Create a worship environment that is engaging, inspiring, and motivating for all who attend.
* Lead congregation in music worship both Sunday morning and night, as well as Wednesday evening services.
* Provide oversight and leadership to the instrumentalist so they know the music to be placed well in advance. Verify they understand all key signatures, modulations and song structures where applicable.
* Provide a two week look ahead schedule to everyone involved in the music program.
* Plan tailored music for special days such as Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Easter, Christmas, etc.
* Experience in developing and use of various talents in music.
* Ability to work with people of all ages, in small and large groups, creating a safe and accepting environment while providing God-honoring and church-vision oriented programs.
* Lead music during regularly scheduled weekly church services, as well as other events such as VBS, revivals, etc., if requested.
* Foster effective communications with the Pastor and other volunteer/paid staff, striving for a relationship that is God pleasing and beneficial to the organization.
* Consult with pastor as needed to select music for church services.
* Maintain the church music library (music materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other related issues that pertain to the music ministry and worship in general)
* Develop an annual music ministry budget proposal to present to the Finance Committee.
* Keep up with CCLI licensing and required duties per contract.
* Serve as a member of various committees as assigned.
* Planning, implementing and evaluating the worship services, with a focus of providing a biblical, God-honoring experience that also supports the worship philosophy of the pastor and church.
* Lead adult choir rehearsal on a weekly basis.
This is a part-time position, with the expectation of not exceeding 12 hours a week.
Located in the heart of scenic Wears Valley, among the backdrop of the Great Smoky Mountains, Wears Valley First Baptist Church stands as a beacon of faith and a voice of hope. Worship services are: Sundays 11:00 AM and 7:00 PM Sunday School: 10:00 AM Bible Study & Mission Groups: Wednesdays 7:00 PM We invite you to come and worship with us!