ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, coordinate, integrate, lead and evaluate a family-oriented Christ centered ministry for the students and families of Central Baptist Church including S.S., youth camp, youth band and other related youth events and programs.
• Recruit and participate with student ministry volunteers to implement a comprehensive program for leading students to a knowledge of saving faith in Christ and to encourage further sanctification and discipleship.
• Encourage student and families to serve in their church.
• Encourage, resource and equip parents to minister to their children and view themselves as the primary disciple-makers.
• Provide biblical support to families and/or students.
• Encourage a multigenerational community within the church between students, families and senior adults.
• Provide and support small group discipleship activities for students, be it in church, in home and/or on multiple JH & HS campuses for local school districts.
• As much as possible attend student activities and events.
• Develop outreach opportunities to reach students and young families for Christ.
• Plan and manage student resources including yearly budgetary needs and policies and procedures.
• Coordinate the student ministry participation in the local, national and international missional focus of Central Baptist Church with Associate Pastor.
• Maintain a community network of like-minded youth pastors across the county for the purpose of prayer, support and implementation of yearly activities such as SYATP and other such opportunities.
• Participate in weekly ministerial and staff meetings to plan and discuss church-wide activities and vision.
• Additional Duties as assigned, including preaching and other pastoral duties needed, etc.
• Must be a committed, practicing, born again disciple of Christ
• Meets qualifications for biblical leadership as set forth in 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Regularly exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit seen in Galatians 5
• Practices and teaches personal evangelism
• Lives a faithful commitment to prayer and the Word
• Recognizes the importance of discipleship in growing the depth of families
• Is in agreement with Central Baptist’s Faith Statement
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• College degree or equivalent preferred
• Ability to teach, develop strategy, solve problems, and other administrative skills
• Strong, compassionate leader and team player
• At least 3-5 years full time ministry experienced
• Prolific knowledge of social media strengths, weakness, and uses preferred
• Preferably married