The Children’s Director should first and foremost be passionate about Christ. The person should be able to convey that passion by serving to lead the children of the church. He/She must be able to work with others to encourage families to engage in the community of believers.
The Children’s Director will be required to maintain 12 hours per week in order to complete the responsibilities of the position. In addition to the job responsibilities, he/she should be a healthy member of the church and should participate in church activities additional to work hours. The Children’s Director will serve under the leadership of the Lead Pastor where open communication and trust are essential.
Life Church believes in “doing life together” and that includes our leadership. The Children’s Director should work with other leaders in a team approach to ministry. He/She should be willing to take part in any ministry area, as the need may arise, in order that the church could more effectively carry out its mission.
- The Children’s Director will work with the Lead Pastor to give oversight to the children’s ministry (birth-elementary school)
- The Children’s Director will be the primary leader for children’s activities
* Be involved with teaching, but being the primary leader does not necessitate that he/she will always be the up front teacher
* Children should have regular activities on a weekly basis which lead toward biblical development, except when a predetermined break is planned with the Lead Pastor
+ Current activities include Kid’s Link (Children’s Service during Sunday morning adult worship) and Kid’s Midweek (Wednesday nights)
* Nursery should be appropriately staffed and available during weekly events
- Work with the volunteers and paid workers through all areas of children’s ministry
- Lead the children’s ministry to an effective form of discipleship and outreach
* The Children’s Director should be involved in planning all church outreach events to see how children can be involved or reached
* Ensure that child-specific outreach events are planned effectively (current events include Fall Festival, Spring Egg Hunt, and Vacation Bible School)
- Look for new ways to facilitate children’s ministry and never become complacent in ministry.
- Be organized in planning and distributing material
- Offer leadership for the long-term planning of the ministry.
+ In cooperation with the Lead Pastor, advise the church on any children’s ministry related expenditures.
Life Church at Ardsley Park is driven by our mission to Grow (personally & communally), Love (God & people), and Reach (neighbors & nations). We believe that your relationship with God is person, but not meant to be done alone. That is why we invite people to "do life together" with us. Our campus is located just outside Savannah's historic district at Bull and 56th Streets -- within minutes from almost any part of the Savannah area.