The leadership of FBC has identified children, youth and family ministry as critical areas of ministry for the future of the church. We are at a crossroads and see a need to reach these age-groups for the future of the church. Some of our programs are doing well with strong lay leadership while others need rethinking and redevelopment. Our goal is to build a sustainable ministry that will embrace families with children from infant through young adult. This minister will be a leader who will work with and provide guidance for staff and lay leaders (we don’t expect you to do it all yourself) to build healthy programs and create an environment that fosters discipleship, fellowship, and worship. This position will require many flexible hours throughout the week and office hours may be changed to offset the extra evening/week-end hours.
First Baptist Church of Winter Haven, Florida, is in a strategic location which is easily accessible from anywhere in the city and area suburbs. Winter Haven is on the “I4 corridor.” The I4 corridor identifies the fast-growing region along Interstate 4 that connects Tampa, FL, to Orlando, FL. Winter Haven is halfway between Tampa and Orlando about 40 miles from each city. The city of Winter Haven currently has 42,500 residents; whereas, the Lakeland-Winter Haven Metropolitan Statistical area is the 87th largest in the United States with over 600,000 residents. The median age of Winter Haven is 44 years old with 21% of the population 18 years and under (8,925). The median age of the greater area, Lakeland-Winter Haven MSA, is 40 years of age and 24% of the population 18 years and under (144,000). Consequently, there is tremendous need and opportunity for outreach ministry to students and their families in our area.
* An evident, growing relationship with Jesus Christ characterized by consistent daily devotions and reliance upon prayer
* A conspicuous commitment to his wife and children if he is married
* A humble and thankful person of integrity
* A commitment to the Great Commission vision
* A commitment to our SBC missions strategy and organization
* A self-starter, self-motivated leader who seeks God’s vision and works hard to achieve it
* A teachable spirit who can handle authority well and can serve under authority
* A personal soul winner who regularly shares his faith and invites people to church
* A person who loves people of all ages and is gifted in communicating that love to people of all ages
* A team player who realizes that his area of ministry must fit in with and contribute to the overall health of the church
* An entrepreneurial spirit that is able to start strategies from scratch and enlist and develop teams to accomplish those strategies
Please send resumes, preferably in PDF format (adobe reader format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
At the First Baptist Family, we are focused on connecting people to Jesus Christ and connecting people to each other. We are all about connections. With over a hundred years of history, we have a strong heritage founded upon the Gospel of Jesus Christ. However, we are committed to being on the cutting edge in bringing people to Christ in the 21st century. We currently have a blended worship service, ministries to the whole family, and teach verse by verse through Scripture with a focus on life application. We are passionate about pursuing a life changing friendship with Jesus Christ. We'd love for you to join us in the journey.