First Baptist Church in Jackson, MO is seeking a full-time senior pastor. First Baptist was founded in 1824 and sits in the county seat of Cape Girardeau County. Jackson’s population ~ 14,000. The county is bordered by the Mississippi River, providing tourism and industry opportunities to the region. Outstanding schools and support services. We're also located less than 20 minutes from a regional university. First Baptist averages approximately 175 in Sunday worship. We have a worship pastor who serves as our full-time minister of music, a full-time youth/missions pastor, a part time senior adult pastor, and two office staff. We are mission-minded and congregational lead.
• We are seeking a pastor committed to preaching, teaching, and leading a church with multiple staff serving the needs of our church and community, helping us work as one body for the cause of Christ, leading the lost to a saving knowledge of Christ and strengthening Christians in their daily walk. Must satisfy the scriptural requirements for a pastor, including 1 Timothy and Titus 1.
• Should have at least 5 years of pastoral or professional ministry experience
• Master’s Degree from Southern Baptist Seminary is preferred
• Support for the Southern Baptist doctrinal standards as found in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to church growth.
• Commitment to SBC mission support and Cooperative program
• Must work within the bylaws and governance structures of the church