The Minister of Music/Administration is responsible to the Pastor for the development and execution of assigned ministerial duties of the church. He shall lead and develop a comprehensive music program for all ages of the church.
Responsibilities for Music:
1. Plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate a comprehensive music program for the church, including children, youth adult, and senior adults.
2. Provide for the maintenance of a music library, materials, supplies, music instruments and other equipment related to the music ministry.
3. Assist the Pastor in planning all services of the church.
4. Coordinate the music education programs with the organizational calendar and emphasis of the church.
5. Serve as a member of the Church Council.
6. Chair the Music Council.
7. Be a music resource person for any committee as requested
8. Supervise the organist and pianist.
9. Supervise any additional paid music personnel
10. Prepare an annual individual music budget, to submit to the Stewardship committee for review
Minister of Administration:
The Minister of Church Administration is the Pastoral Ministry Team member that teams with the Senior Pastor to direct and manage the critical business functions and meet the long-term goals of the church. They are responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the church's operation including office operations, finances, properties, and support staff as well as ensuring compliance with the Constitution and By-laws and Operations Manual.
1. The Minister of Church Administration will work in conjunction with the Senior Pastor to enable him to pursue his responsibilities of teaching, preaching, discipleship, and shepherding.
2. Supervise operations and maintenance of the church office and facilities.
3. Supervise and direct the church office and support staff.
4. Provide leadership and support for office technology and systems
5. Provide oversight and leadership for the church financial operations in coordination with the Financial Administrator, Financial Secretaries, and Stewardship Committee
6. Supervise scheduling of building use for member and non-members.
7. Locate qualified candidates for non-ministerial staff positions and make hiring recommendations to the Senior Pastor and Personnel Committee
8. Assist the office staff in preparing the church newsletter and managing the church website
9. Partner with the Senior Pastor to provide staff support for the Nominating Committee
10. Serve as a member of the Church Council and ex-officio member of the committees related to church administration
Faith in Jesus Christ as Lord; a clear affirmation of the Baptist perspectives of Christian Faith; commitment to North Stuart Baptist Church's mission, core values and statement of faith; a Bachelor's degree is required, but a seminary degree is preferred as is experience in church music and church finance and administration; must have a passion for and experience in music ministry; positive, teachable attitude; excitement in working as a team with other staff and volunteers; maturity to handle confidential information with care; self-starter; highly motivated; the position requires strong organizational skills and a willingness to stay current in matters of church accounting and taxes. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. The candidate must submit to a background check.
Please send resume in pdf form