When looking for a Senior Pastor to lead the congregation, Ridgecrest Baptist Church relies on guidance from biblical references. The Senior Pastor is both a leader of the church community and a follower of the gospel, who exemplifies and proclaims the need for the church to have a missional mindset per Matthew 28:19 and Acts 1:8.
The Senior Pastor is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, for using his skills in administrative leadership, for engaging in pastoral care ministries to meet the needs of persons in the church and in the community and to act as the chief administrator of the ministerial and vocational staff.
Education and Experience:
• Masters degree or higher from accredited seminary with minimum of 6 – 10 years of related experience preferred.
• Set as a guideline of personal behavior the standard required in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4.
• Provide overall leadership for the church.
• Serve as a leader by example in personal discipleship, stewardship and evangelism.
• Maintain a regular program of personal study and devotion.
• Prepare for and conduct worship services in cooperation with the worship pastor.
• Lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
• Serve as the leader in seeking to win the unsaved and ensure that evangelism training is available to the church membership.
• Work with staff to plan and provide spiritual renewal opportunities for church members.
• Work with deacons and ensure staff engagement with the deacon body.
• Lead the church in the observance of the ordinances.
• Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement or other counseling as needed. Suggest other professional help when felt necessary.
• Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
• Cooperate with and lead the church in cooperating with associational, state, and denominational leaders. Keep the church informed of developments within the denomination.
• Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters.
Pastor Search Committee