First Baptist Church exists to make, mature, and mobilize disciples of Jesus Christ. It is the mission of all believers to make disciples and it is our responsibility as church staff to model this in our attitudes, effort and behavior for the ultimate goal of God’s glory. We serve under the leadership of the Lead Pastor as vocational ministry team members.
This position serves to lead the Student, Young Adult and Outreach (Missions) ministries as a part of the overall ministry team. This primarily involves leading those staff who are responsible for these ministries, the volunteer leaders who invest in these ministries and others who participate through these ministries. There are both tangible tasks and relational investment required to be effective in this role.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
• Serve as an engaged member of the Ministry Staff for the overall ministry of the church.
• Make and grow disciples personally and through the Student, Young Adult and Missions ministries.
• Provide leadership to the Student ministry and Young Adult lay leadership, staff, and/or volunteers.
• Provide strategic direction for the following related ministries: LIFE Groups and Missions.
• Oversee the effective utilization of resources related to Student, Young Adult and Missions ministries.
• Supervise/develop staff and leaders/church members for effective and efficient ministry achievement.
• Give strategic direction to the Connections (Guest Services) ministries of the church.
• Participate in and lead local, regional, national, and international mission projects / partnerships.
• Work to foster a disciple-making environment through the Student, Young Adult and Mission ministries.
• Communicate with leaders and participants effectively for the accomplishment of the ministry.
• Develop strategic processes for Student, Young Adult and Missions ministries.
• Engage with volunteers, vendors, service providers and the community for effective ministry.
• Develop and maintain the budget and financial processes as related to the ministries.
• Develop, train and release future leadership within the ministries.
• Because of our primary mission, this position requires that the staff member be an active and growing follower of Christ who is capable and willing to share their faith, as well as investing spiritually in others.
• Model consistent Christ-like character as a growing follower of Christ.
• Model consistent biblical stewardship with personal/church resources, including tithing through FBCL.
• Exhibit a consistent commitment to the ministry and mission of First Baptist Church and its leaders.
• College or Seminary degree preferred, with proven experience in leading a church ministry.
• Experienced in Bible teaching, leader development with development of and/or utilization of curriculum.
• Experienced in planning and facilitating worship environments in a contemporary setting.
• Proficient at computer software for office usage and communication, including social media platforms.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with ability to write and engage people.
• Good skills and/or abilities to utilize audio, video, computer and internet resources for discipleship.
• Proven team building and problem solving skills.
Dr. Art Fulks
First Baptist Church is a place where we focus on the Gospel...investing God's Word in others...and celebrate life transformation. We engage in making, maturing and mobilizing disciples who desire to know God and make Him known across the street and around the world. Our worship services are geared toward practical Bible teaching and God-honoring music led by our worship team. LIFE Groups are the heartbeat of our church as we find meaningful relationships, grow in biblical maturity, and serve together in meeting the needs of our church family and the community. There is a place for you here at FBC Lancaster!