PASTOR of YOUTH MINISTRIES- Job Description
Reports to: Senior Pastor
First Baptist Church in Vernal, Utah, is a Southern Baptist Church in search of a dynamic young man to start and grow our youth ministries full time. The ideal candidate will connect well with youth and their parents. As we continue to grow, we desire an outreach oriented Pastor of Youth Ministries, who can bring life giving messages in a creative and fun environment. We are looking for a strong communicator with an obvious passion for and a growing relationship with Christ. A commitment to reaching the unchurched, as well as challenging youth to grow in their relationship with Christ is crucial. The primary focus of youth ministry at FBC should be concentrated on evangelistic discipleship with a blend of activities and events, with the initial emphasis being focused on, but not limited to, middle school and high school students. As our church continues to grow, it is the hope that the Pastor of Youth Ministries will oversee all aspects of youth ministry, from cradle to college.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Fulfills the basic requirements for all pastors as defined by Scripture, including a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life (1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9).
- Experience in ministering to youth/families in a local church (1 Timothy 3:6).
- Able to develop and expound a vision that leads to a focus on teaching Bible knowledge and demonstrating a living Christian faith through the relational interaction between the pastor, other leaders, and the young (Proverbs 29:18).
- Gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level (Romans 12:6-8).
- Willing to work under the direction of the Senior Pastor to establish and grow a youth ministry (Hebrews 13:17 and 1 Peter 5:5).
- The preferred candidate will have a degree in Bible and/or church ministry (1 Timothy 3:2).
- Must be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Summary of First Baptist Church of Vernal, Utah:
First Baptist Church of Vernal is a growing church in a vibrant community of over 10,000 people. Our mission is to make disciples through worship, fellowship, and service. Recently, we have seen rapid growth in our church. Sunday morning worship attendance has nearly doubled since mid-2017. Currently attendance runs between 80-100 each week. Also, throughout this school year, our weekly children's program has moved from single digits to over 50 kids in our Sunday evening ministry (AWANA). Our next step is to follow God's leading as we establish and grow a youth group.
Church Website: www.vernalfbc.org
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/FirstBaptistChurchVernal/
Please Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PASTOR of YOUTH MINISTRIES
Duties and Responsibilities:
At present the following ministries are involved: children and teenagers. Ministries shall be age-defined and involve various purposes within each age-group, i.e. outreach, worship, fellowship, discipleship, and ministry.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support FBC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Other duties as required.
- Arrive early to any scheduled event to ensure the necessary support staff and items are in place.
- Grow FBC’s youth ministry in meaningful ways.
- Attend a weekly one-on-one mentoring time with the Senior Pastor, so he may provide encouragement, direction, support, and challenge you toward holiness and righteousness.
- Attend worship services, prayer services, and special meetings.
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the board.
- Participate in a yearly job performance review.
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- Use various forms of social media for evangelism and outreach, while maintaining healthy, biblical boundaries with youth and parents.
- Preach and teach on occasion in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Understand there may be an annual review to determine the continuance in the office of Pastor of Youth.
Pastor Jason Johnston