Agape Fellowship is a church plant in Palmer, Alaska that is seeking to transform our community by the power of the gospel. Since we started, less than two years ago, we have seen tremendous fruit in our ministry and we have high hopes for what God has in store for us in the future. We are currently seeking to expand our leadership team to best meet the needs of the church body and help her live out her full great commission potential.
We are looking for an engaging individual to perform young adult ministry with youth and/or college aged individuals. The ideal candidate will be highly relational, committed to discipleship and evangelism in regards to young and emerging adults.
• Lead and coordinate ministry for young and emerging adults.
• Network with schools and community agencies in order to connect with young adults.
• Teach the Bible and Christian living practices to young adults in a relevant and effective manner.
• Establish a long-term strategy for how the church can reach young adults.
• Serve and collaborate with the other church leaders and pastors.
• Support the parents in the church to minister to their youth and emerging adults in conjunction with the church’s various ministries.
• Recruit and develop volunteers to assist with the various aspects of the young adult ministry.
• Understanding of and a willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good communication and time management skills.
• Strong desire for evangelism and discipleship, especially in regard to young adults.
• A growing Christian faith and character.