Agape Fellowship, a new church plant in Palmer, Alaska, is looking for a qualified individual who desires to serve the church as Children’s Ministry Coordinator. As Children’s Ministry Coordinator, you would serve under the Lead Pastor and would coordinate all aspects of the church’s children’s ministry. This includes Sunday morning, outreach events, our home group discipleship ministry, and other ministries as needed.
We are looking for an energetic and compassionate individual to be our Children's Ministry Coordinator. The ideal candidate would have an enthusiastic interest in teaching children biblical truths in a manner that is relevant to their ages. The Children's Ministry Coordinator will supervise volunteers, select and teach curriculum, and encourage parental involvement in the discipleship of their children.
• Plan, oversee, and coordinate all aspects of the church’s children’s ministry programs.
• Create and maintain a safe and secure operation of the children’s ministry.
• Teach the Bible in a manner that is relevant to children and honoring to Christ.
• Lead a team of volunteers, recruiting as needed, and providing ongoing training to the volunteers in best practices for children’s ministry.
• Regularly report to the church’s leadership team and participate in leadership meetings.
• Encourage parents in ministering to their own children, providing resources as needed.
• Operate within the church’s ministry budget.
Compensation for this position is to be self-raised. The church will assist in helping you raise funds and will function as the payer of your salary for all legal or tax purposes. If suitable, a bi-vocational option may be discussed.
• Experience serving and teaching children of various ages, backgrounds and family dynamics.
• Ability to organize people in a Christ-honoring way.
• A commitment to the mission of the church and agreement with the strategy of the church’s strategy for reaching young families for Christ.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to lead a team of volunteers in a Christ-honoring manner.
• A commitment to Christian living and conduct, inside both the church and community.
• An ability and desire to share the gospel effectively.