Job Summary: The overall purpose of the Minister of Music is to provide leadership that will minister to the individuals, provide opportunities for others to come to know Jesus, and facilitate opportunity for growth toward a closer relationship with the Lord through the leadership of the Holy Spirit. The music ministry shall blend with the church goals to support the church and facilitate activities of the body as a New Testament Church. We cooperate with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Kentucky Baptist Convention and the Caldwell-Lyon Association and other entities in order to fulfill our calling as New Testament Church.
• Planning and facilitating all music programs
• Maintain current knowledge of Southern Baptist Convention programs
• Provide/facilitate quality music leadership in weekly worship services
• Prepare and submit proposed music budget to Finance and/or Budget committee
• Assist Nominating Committee in selection of persons to be elected as committee members, assistants, pianist and organist.
• Responsible for replacement when unable to fulfil worship service responsibility
• Assumes responsibility for instrumental accompaniments: secures replacement when notifies of need
• Spiritual leadership to those involved in music ministry
• Follows guidelines and policies set forth by the church
• Facilitates Children’s choir with coordination of Minister of Students ( Seasonal)
• Facilitates Youth Praise Band with coordination of Minister of Students
• Works closely with the Pastor to plan/facilitate worship and other church activities
• Leads adult choir in presenting special programs (Seasonal)
Position: 20-25 hour per week