POSITION: Associate Pastor of Family Ministries
Cornerstone FBC of Williston is a growing church with a deep desire to reach our community for Christ. Our church is a church that has been working through revitalization and has grown rapidly in the last year. We desire to add an associate pastor that would fit into our team-oriented approach.
VISION: Lovingly lead people to personally KNOW Jesus Christ; enable them to GROW as His disciples; and equip them to GO and reach the world for Christ.
To oversee the Youth and Children’s ministries of Cornerstone FBC. To equip parents to lead their children spiritually.
Family Pastor serves in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and the Elders, and is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
The Family Pastor will oversee the discipleship systems from cradle to high school and to their parents. They will work closely with the leaders of the various ministries (i.e. Nursery, Awana, Children’s Church, etc.) to ensure that these ministries maintain the overall vision of Cornerstone FBC, as well as function as efficiently and effectively as possible.
The Family Pastor’s primary teaching time will be with the students (grades 5-12). They will develop, train, and work closely with the youth team to ensure that our Youth Ministry is developing disciples.
• Oversee relational, engaging ministries to children and youth
• Recruiting and Equipping a team of volunteers in the various children’s and youth ministries that leads to sustainability in these ministry areas. Ensure that leadership teams are developed and trained in every aspect of our “student ministries”
• Cultivate an environment to assist parents in the discipleship process of their students
• Create a safe environment for Children and Youth that encourages growth in spiritual maturity
• Integrate Youth and Children into the larger church community. Help foster an “extended family” atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute
• Work with leaders to develop a coordinated curriculum (ministry plan) for all ages that aligns with the “Know, Grow, Go” vision of Cornerstone FBC
• Organize and coordinate youth events such as youth camp, mission trips, DNOW, winter retreat, etc.
• The Family Pastor will be available to preach at any gathering as requested by the Lead Pastor
• He will be available to share the burden of counseling, visitation, and other necessary meetings for the church
• He will be available to help in planning for gatherings, missions, and any other events of the church
• Will serve with the Elders to help direct the church in positive spiritual direction
• A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
• Strong relationship skills
• A desire to develop, train, and work in a team environment
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in related field, prefer Master's
• Must meet the biblical qualifications for an overseer as outlined in Titus 1
• Must align with the essentials of the Baptist Faith and Message (2000 edition)
• Must demonstrate the ability to lead others in a discipleship relationship
• Experience in ministry to younger generations preferred
FBC is a welcoming church located in Williston, ND. We find ourselves in the midst of a huge oil boom that is affecting our entire region. Such an influx of people presents to us a wonderful opportunity to spread the Gospel in many ways.