• Job Title: Associate Pastor of Administration
• The Church: Trinity Baptist Church of Lake Charles
• Denomination: Southern Baptist
• Location: Lake Charles, LA (36 miles from Texas state line on Interstate 10) Physical location: 1800 Country Club Road, Lake Charles, LA 70605
• Note: Trinity Baptist Church retains the right to adjust any and all of the requirements & duties listed on this document.
• Web: www.tbclc.org
Who we are:
We are Trinity. The Family Place. Where it is all about Relationships. Loving Jesus. Loving People. Located in the growing area of South Lake Charles, God has called Trinity to reach out to the community and the world and make a difference in the lives of families. Whether you are a family of one or more, we know sometime, somewhere, you will face real issues about real life. We are here to help you when those issues arise. We've made it a priority at Trinity to center our ministries around the present and future.
The Associate Pastor of Administration is tasked with assisting the Senior Pastor in insuring the preparation and preservation of all financial and personnel records of the church, managing all aspects of Human Resources (including payroll), handling risk management, and the management of all resources. The job requires a servant’s heart and a desire to see each ministry and minister at Trinity be successful. The position of the Associate Pastor of Administration oversees:
• Church Finance & Administration
• Building and Grounds
• Information Technology
• Hostess Services
• Human Resources
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
At a Glance:
The main role of the Associate Pastor of Administration is the oversight of the integrity of the finances and financial & personnel records of Trinity. His attention is to the meeting of the needs of the ministries of Trinity in providing a comprehensive budgeting process that puts a name on every ministry dollar and insuring that funds are properly dispensed. This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor to ensure that proper adherence to policy is maintained by all staff.
The Candidate’s Essentials:
The successful candidate for the role of Associate Pastor of Administration will:
• Display evidence of a calling to the Gospel Ministry.
• Have a strong commitment to Christ and the advancement of His Kingdom.
• Be a man of integrity.
• Have a servant’s heart for the ministry.
• Have a vision to see all ministries of Trinity be successful.
• Be a learner.
• Have the gift of administration.
• Be able to manage a five million plus dollar budget.
• Have the ability to think outside of the box.
The To Do List:
• Prepare accurate financial statements.
• Follow approved accounting practices.
• Manage payroll systems.
• Handle funds according to church policy.
• Prepare annual budget and assist the Finance Committee in this task.
• Manage an annual budget and designated funds that exceed $6.5 million.
• Be involved in financial education for church and community, such as Financial Peace University.
• Keep all assets of Trinity covered with insurance.
• Maintain good quality insurances for employees.
• Maintain up-to-date the Personnel Policy and the Administrative/Financial Policy Manuals.
• Stay abreast of all Human Resource changes.
• Attend conferences that improve skills needed to maintain adherence to Federal and State regulations and keep Trinity abreast of the changing environment of church administration.
• Maintain a good network of experts in the fields of accounting, law, insurance and like.
• Maintain proficiency in Shelby, Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and other software used in the performance of the duties of this position.
• Supervise the Building and Grounds, IT, and Hostess Departments.
The Fundamental Experience:
A successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
• The Gospel Ministry (Preaching, Teaching, Missions, Counseling, Compassion),
• Business and human resource management
• Good communication skills
• Handle supervision of both individuals and teams
• Adept in working with committees
• Skilled in processes and systems creation and implementation
• Experience in working with budgets exceeding $5 million
• Able to work with various forms of social media
• Capable in the use of church software such as Shelby
Education and Supplementary:
• A degree in Business Administration or similar field from an accredited college or university is desired.
• A degree or credit hours from a SBC seminary is a plus.
• At least five years of experience in a similar position is necessary, experience in a large church setting is a plus.
• Being a licensed or ordained minister is required.
• The ability to pass a criminal background check, a financial background check and possible drug testing.
Preliminary Documents required:
• An introductory letter about yourself with an explanation of why you feel you should be considered.
• A professional resume with professional and personal references (a minimum of two each).
• Your Social Media links.
• Any information you feel is pertinent.
Trinity offers an outstanding employment package which includes but not limited to:
• Adequate compensation
• Health Care package for family
• Dental Package for family
• Vacation, Professional leave and sick leave package
• Moving and set up expenses paid
Associate Pastor of Administration