The role of the youth minister at the First Baptist Church of Groveland is to ensure that all children and youth programming will carry out the mission and vision of the First Baptist Church of Groveland through consistent, practical, and Biblical teaching. Additionally, the youth pastor will ensure that there is age appropriate, mission driven activities for the children and youth of First Baptist Church of Groveland.
This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and a desire to grow in that commitment.
- Have a calling for ministry and a willingness to leverage that calling to establish relationships with kids, students, and parents to provide an atmosphere of growth.
- Will become a member, and be active in all areas of ministry at FBC Groveland.
- Will be a cheerful tither to the ministry of FBC Groveland.
- Plan and lead the youth ministry of FBC Groveland, ensuring that the following areas of discipleship making are in place: Worship, Community, Spiritual Growth, Service, and Evangelism.
- Plan yearly youth events such as mission trips, summer camps and retreats.
- Ensure that all children and student adult leaders have passed a background check and are properly trained to assist with ministry.
- Responsible for the organization and administration of Zone 9 (Elementary Age Ministry on Sunday mornings). This includes: establishing sound curriculum, developing and training leaders, and ensuring our volunteers have passed a background check.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages them to be involved.
- Responsible for planning a yearly budget for children's & student events that is consistent with the overall budget of FBC Groveland.
- Develop an ongoing partnership with local schools.
- Administration of key children & youth outreach events that include Vacation Bible School & Treat Street.
- Will meet weekly for staff meeting.
- Will help in improving the online presence of FBC Groveland through web-site and social media pages.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Senior Pastor.
- Current Church Attendance Average - 100.
- Great Potential For Growth.
- Effective Wednesday Night Student Program Already In Place.
- Children's Ministry Leader & Volunteers In Place.
- Full-Time Position To Begin 6/1/18.
- Competitive Salary.
The terms of this job description are subject to change based upon the changing landscape of ministry at FBC Groveland. Interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com.
Larry Hiles, Senior Pastor
First Baptist Church of Groveland
- Must agree to 2000 Baptist Faith & Message.
- Must be willing to relocate to Groveland area.
- Ministry related degree preferred.
- Previous youth ministry experience preferred.
- Salary based on experience.
We are a Bible-believing, Bible-teaching church that ministers Christ to the Groveland/Mascotte area. We welcome all to come and worship with us!