The Church @ St Charles (First Baptist Church of St Charles) is seeking a Worship Leader with a heart for Christ Jesus. Worship leader will minister to the congregation in blended music of both hymns and praise and worship to prepare the hearts gathered for the Word of God.
The candidate will:
- Have a life and testimony of living in Christ, striving to be the light and salt to the world around us.
- Gifted in voice and preference to being able to play piano or keyboard.
- Have a teachable spirit
- Have a testimony of love; love for one another and love for the broken around us.
1. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead worship services. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services and overseeing the worship teams (vocalists and instrumentalists). Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday services.
2. Provide leadership, vision and passion for The Church @ St Charles in the area of worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of the church.
3. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
4. As often as possible, attend staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
5. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.)
6. Gifted to lead the praise team both spiritually and musically and as opportunity provides to develop and implement a choir for different or special occasions.
7. Oversee the audio/visual ministry and have a basic understanding of the sound system.
8. Either currently is a member of, or willing and qualified to join the membership of The Church @ St Charles upon calling in full agreement of our statement of faith and be active in all aspects of congregational gatherings: Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, and Wednesday night studies and prayer time.
9. Ministry position is part-time expecting 15 hours of preparation, practice, vision and worship each week. Salary negotiable based on candidate’s experience.
We are a gospel-centered church that gathers every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. in the Carrington Neighborhood of St. Charles, Maryland. Our name to the community is "The Church @ ST Charles". Our vision is simple. Sharing God's love to all people and nurturing the church. As we share Jesus in our everyday life with those around us, we actively seek to engage people in the good news of Jesus and to help encourage an active relationship with Him. Our worship services are typically about an hour long and will include singing, praying, and preaching from God's word. Dress tends toward business-casual, though you can find anything from jeans to suits. Our desire is for you to come as you are.