1. For the purpose of preserving and making secure the principles of our faith in Christ, and to the end that this body be governed in an orderly manner under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and for the purpose of preserving the liberties inherent in each individual member of this Church, and to set forth the relationship of this body to other churches.
2. The purpose of West Stanly Baptist Church is to glorify God through His Son Jesus Christ, the Only true Head of the Church, in the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. The basic functions of the Church, which shall enable it to accomplish its purposes, may be summarized as follows: 1) to worship, 2) to teach, 3) to evangelize, 4) to minister, 5) to encourage stewardship, and 6) to fellowship.
4. Worship is the experience of communion with the living and holy God which leads to an awareness of His holiness, majesty and grace.
5. Teaching is the instruction and application of the Bible in order to build up each member to maturity in Christ.
6. Evangelism is the presentation of the gospel in a clear, uncompromising way so that our communities, both local and worldwide, may come to a personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
7. Ministry is the meeting of spiritual and physical needs of the local church and community at large in Jesus' name.
8. Stewardship is the encouraging of each member to accept responsibility in the use of time, talents, and substance-both personal and corporate - in the service of Jesus Christ.
9. Fellowship is participating with other believers in openly expressing the love of Jesus Christ.
1st Timothy 3: 1-7