SharonWoods Church is an innovative “out of the box” church located in a multi-cultural setting in the most densely populated zip code (100,000 people) in Columbus, Ohio, which is the 15th largest city in America. With a 30,000 square feet facility on four acres of land, in a neighborhood of over 1,800 homes, the church has a clear and intentional vision of becoming a community and family ministry center.
Over the past three years, under the leadership of our current Lead Pastor, the church has been strategically rebranding itself in the community. In addition, during this time, SharonWoods Church has also been in the process of strengthening and developing the ministries of the church (internally/externally) and is now seeking a qualified Associate Pastor with the gifts, calling, and willingness to eventually transition into the Lead Pastor role.
The Associate Pastor will focus on various ministry roles and responsibilities with consideration given to personal experience, gifts, passion and aptitudes. The Associate Pastor will serve alongside the Lead Pastor and will assist in teaching, preaching and leadership responsibilities within the church and in outreach to the community.
SharonWoods Church believes that Scripture is the primary authority on matters of personal faith, doctrine, church structure and function. Therefore, candidates must meet the leadership requirements as laid out in Scripture (1 Timothy 3:1- 7; Titus 1:6 – 9). In addition, they should possess a servant’s heart, be knowledgeable of the Word of God, be a Spirit-filled mature believer, and one who prayerfully seeks God’s will and direction.
We suggest that you review our website and Facebook – sharonwoodschurch.org, which gives a brief overview of our church and an understanding of the ministry going on here at SharonWoods.
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Bible, Theology, Christian Ministry or relevant field
· Seminary or graduate school or equivalent experience preferred
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter introducing yourself, your personal testimony of faith and your resume (including recognized Spiritual Gifts).
Please include any links of sample sermons, teaching venues, written or published materials, blogs, and other (as applicable).
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a personal, vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Have an attitude of humility, a teachable spirit and team player.
• Be in agreement with the SharonWoods Church vision, strategy and statement of faith.
• Have experience and/or knowledge working within a multicultural context.
• Proven ability to connect, engage and influence individuals in a multi-cultural environment.
• Have adaptability and flexibility necessary to effectively relate and communicate to individuals of different cultures, ethnicities, economic statuses, and worldviews.
• Have a heart and passion for local multi-cultural outreach, engaging the congregation in impactful local ministries and programs.
• Have the ability to assess neighborhood needs and organize community engagement opportunities for the church to serve the local community.
• Have a theology and culture chemistry that is a fit with SharonWoods Church and its Ministries.
• Have proven leadership ability. Be an accomplished team builder who recruits, motivates, equips and empowers leaders.
• Have excellent communication, problem solving and people skills.
• Demonstrate leadership, management, organizational skills.
• Be outgoing, people oriented with a desire to work hard and strive for excellence. Have the ability to hold confidences with integrity and able to resolve conflict.
• Be competent in current technology and social media.
• Be willing to serve in other areas of ministry when time and abilities allow.
SharonWoods Church (SWC) has an exciting history of cooperating with God's work to change lives through the power of the good news of Jesus Christ. Located in the Northland community of Columbus, SWC is an innovative “out of the box” church located in a multi-cultural setting in the most densely populated zip code (100,000 people) in Columbus, Ohio, which is the 15th largest city in America. With a 30,000 square feet facility on four acres of land, in a neighborhood of over 1,800 homes, the church has a clear and intentional vision of becoming a community and family ministry center. We invite you to come grow with us!