POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the Senior Pastor in instilling a love for Jesus in the hearts of children, and minister to families as directed by the Senior Pastor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and expectations of this position.
*Responsible for the oversight and leadership of the Children's Ministry at Morningside. These responsibilities require extensive planning, preparation, execution, clean-up and follow-up to their completion:
1. AWANA; AWANA Commander
2. CHILDREN'S CHURCH ; Leader
3. GOOD NEWS CLUB; As directed by Senior Pastor.
4. SUNDAY SCHOOL; come alongside the Education and Assimilation Minister to meet the needs/requirements of the children's Sunday School program.
5. SPECIAL EVENTS; Back to School Splash, Trunk or Treat, other programs geared towards children and families as the staff schedules them.
6. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
7. BUDGET; create, manage and maintain the Children's Ministry budget.
8. Recruit, train, encourage and pray for Children's Ministry volunteers.
9. Consistent communication with parents.
10. Exhibit Professionalism; conscientious work ethic, flexibility in a changing and growing ministry.
11. Coordinate with men's and women's ministry teams.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. A desire to teach and mentor children on an ongoing basis with patience and an accepting heart.
2. Ability to exercise discernment and wise judgment while maintaining confidentiality.
3. Ability to coordinate and respond to identified needs and requests for the children and families ministries.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years relevant experience or a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years of college.