Kirby Woods Part Time Worship Leader (WL) Job Description
Reporting to: Pastor and/or Staff Leadership (SL)
Working with: Pastor, and/or Staff Leadership and Worship Ministry Team (WMT)
Hours: Typical schedule:
• Sunday AM: 8:00-12 noon - rehearsals and worship service
• Sunday PM: 5-7pm…rehearsal and worship service
• Wednesday: 5:15-8:15pm – orchestra, choir, and small group rehearsals (if available)
• Other: Planning hours, and other rehearsals, meetings as necessary.
Purpose: The purpose of the WL is to help provide consistency and stability to the music ministry in such a way to best ensure the membership of KWBC is led to worship thru music. The WL will need to coordinate with the choir and orchestra leader(s) to ensure smooth transitions throughout the worship services.
• Leading the music portions of the Sunday AM and PM services and other agreed upon events/services. Worship services are blended (hymns, praise choruses, contemporary, etc.)
• Assist in planning all worship services in conjunction with Pastor and/or SL and the WMT. This planning includes working with the Music Ministry Assistant and members of the WMT to ensure that all items for services are submitted and prepared at their proper times as determined by the Pastor, SL and WMT.
• Coordinating with Staff Leadership/WMT/Media/Instrumentalist to ensure all aspects of worship services have proper flow. This coordination requires clear communication prior to worship services to ensure all involved persons are properly informed of their responsibilities. This successful candidate will become an active part of the Worship Ministry Team.
• Execute all tasks in harmony with the Staff Leadership and WMT.
• Someone genuine and authentic, seeking to live a life that is consistently Christ-centered on and off the platform.
• Must have experience leading a church in worship.
• Strong singing voice
• Ability to read music
• Agree to the Baptist Faith and Message, and strive to live their life in a Christ honoring way.
• The length of the position is estimated to be 10 - 14 months, until a permanent full-time worship leader is hired. The part-time Worship Leader will not be considered for the permanent position.
Submit resume with references along with links to video of worship leading/singing to the following email: email@example.com
Kirby Woods is located in East Memphis alongside busy Poplar Avenue. The church is situated on 5.5 acres, with high rise office buildings, hospitals, shopping malls, schools, and restaurants within walking distance of the property. Kirby Woods is unique in its mission's emphasis. Many church members go out each year on various church sponsored mission trips, either in the U.S. or overseas. The church's support of missionaries, new church starts, and missions organizations reaches to many parts of the world. Kirby Woods ministers to one of the largest deaf congregations in our convention and has a Deaf Pastor to meet those special needs. The church has a Korean ministry with a Korean pastor as well as a pastor to lead the Hispanic ministry. We have three worship services each week, two on Sunday and one on Wednesday evening. The music for the services is a blend of hymns and choruses, and features a large sanctuary choir and orchestra. Translators translate the morning worship service into Spanish and Korean each week. Kirby Woods offers an excellent Children's Church for children 4 years through 5th grade. Two Sunday Schools offer classes for all ages. There are ministries for Junior and Senior High students, as well as a College ministry. The mission organization of Olympians and Mission Friends meets on Wednesday evening. There are choirs for all ages, Bible Drill, basketball teams, soccer teams, baseball teams and volleyball teams. If you are looking for a church that will welcome you and make you feel at home, please come and visit with us.