First Baptist Church of Gordon (FBCG) is currently pursuing a full-time lead pastor. First and foremost, he must be a man with a deep and abiding personal relationship to Christ and dependent on Him in prayer for all things. As a Southern Baptist church, we seek a man committed to faithfully preaching the truths of Scripture as exhibited by the Baptist theology. Our pastor must be a leader who will guide the members of the church in ministry of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, preparing them for the work of reaching the lost in the community.
FBCG is a long-standing church in the town of Gordon with 60-80 averaging in attendance and a strong youth program. The lead pastor will be responsible for day to day ministry to the members of the church and will lead the congregation in worship by preaching the Word of God on Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings. The pastor will also lead worship on Wednesday evening prayer meetings.
We are looking for Pastoral candidates who want to make a long-term commitment to a devoted and loving body of believers. The church is seeking to reach its community where the fields are ripe for the harvest and is seeking the right man to lead God’s church in this town.
• Plan and conduct worship services, developing sermons, planning with music leadership and leads in the observance of ordinances.
• Leads the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority.
• Leads and demonstrates effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
• Visits and ministers to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals.
• Conducts counseling sessions, performs wedding ceremonies and conducts funeral services.
• Works with Church Officers, Deacons and other key leadership to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
• Acts as the moderator in business conferences.
• Cooperates with associational, state and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern.
• Serves as Overseer/Administrator of paid church staff supervising and evaluating the tasks assigned to each.
• Serves to recommend and advise committees and teams as an ex-officio member.
• Oversees, along with Deacons, all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues in the church.
• Communicates with the congregation through articles or announcements, written and spoken using church newsletter, bulletins and worship services.
• Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
• Maintains proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
101 Elam St
Gordon, GA 31031