1. The Youth Leader will lead and grow the youth ministries (Grades 6-12) at Valley Church.
2. The Youth Leader is directly accountable to the Lead Pastor, as well as to the Valley Church Council.
3. The Youth Leader will continue to grow and mature as a godly person of integrity. They will pursue being a Christ follower, through a personal walk with the Lord and participation in at least one small group at Valley.
4. The Youth Leader will provide leadership, vision, and passion for Valley in the area of youth ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of Valley
5. The Youth Leader will oversee the Valley Youth Team, the discipleship plan for youth, youth activities, youth volunteers, and missions opportunities.
6. The Youth Leader will coordinate with the Lead Pastor and Discipleship Leader to determine the best curriculum/method of making disciples of the youth.
7. The Youth Leader will coordinate and plan weekly lessons and activities, monthly events, yearly trips, and local/global mission trips.
8. The Youth Leader will develop and administer an annual budget for the youth ministry in accordance with the financial plan of Valley.
9. The Youth Leader will meet with the Lead Pastor at least once monthly to discuss and plan youth ministries.
10. The Youth Leader will perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor or the Church Council
The Youth Leader will be called of God, evangelical in theology, in accordance with the “Baptist Faith and Message” (2000 edition), and committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for such a leader.
The Youth Leader must be one who exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of others, and demonstrates a high level of competence.
The Youth Leader will be called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers. (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:5; 1 Timothy 3:1)
The Youth Leader will display a competence in teaching and leading others to live and love like Jesus.
The Youth Leader will display a love for people and a desire to communicate and be active in the lives of the people within the church.