We exist to worship God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, to equip God's people through Biblical training, and to proclaim the gospel to Lewisville and the world.
The Worship Leader will help us fulfill this mission by:
Being responsible for providing leadership and vision in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive Church Worship Ministry as a part time (15-20 weekly hours) staff.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
1. Must be a born again, spirit filled Christian who demonstrates a genuine, Christ like love for people by participating in the life of the church.
2. must have a strong knowledge of the rudiments of Worship and music as well as the techniques involved in conducting choirs and leading worship.
3. Must have a working knowledge of the Christian music field past and present.
4. Must be an accomplished vocalist.
5. Must demonstrate strong leadership and creativity in planning, organizing, and implementing plans.
6. Must have the ability to enlist and train volunteers for the Worship Ministry.
7.Must attend a training conference every other year focussed on leading worship and visit two local churches each year to observe Worship practices and flow.
- Plan, coordinate and vocally lead the choir and praise team. Lead the Church in appropriate worship in line with the vision of a blended, multi instrument service held on Sunday morning, evening and Wednesday nights.
- Provide visionary leadership for the overall Worship and music training including Choirs, ensembles and soloist for every age group.
- Enlist, recruit, equip and train all personnel to accomplish all the task needed to have an effective, vibrant Worship Ministry.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee a comprehensive budget for the Worship Ministry.
- Oversee all Special Event and Special Day programs including Christmas, Easter, July 4, Youth and Children’s Choir programs and Handbells.
- Advise the Pastor and other Church leadership concerning the needs and requirements of the Worship Ministry as well as creative consultation for Worship Services and special events at Lewisville Baptist Church.
- Advise and counsel groups and individuals for weddings, funerals and other ministries.
- Supervise Worship Staff including volunteers, instrumentalist and lay leadership.
Showing God's love in practical ways... Welcome! Lewisville Baptist Church is a Community of Faith. We teach people to study scripture and then live it. Ever feel left out, excluded or unwanted? Here, we are a group of diverse people with a love for each other, look out for each other and care about each other. We invite and welcome you to be a part of that group. We enjoy working in the community to show what "church" was meant to be.