The Associate Pastor for Students at Calvary Baptist Church is responsible for shepherding and assisting parents in their God-given responsibility to provide training and guidance to their children as they bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, he will develop a ministry aimed at the discipleship of students (Grades 7-12).
1. A growing, mature, Christian man who meets the biblical qualifications for a pastor found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
2. A master’s degree from an accredited seminary or similar institution. Consideration may also be given to a man making progress towards such a degree.
3. Able to affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 (doctrinal statement of the church and the Southern Baptist Convention), and articulate a personal understanding of doctrinal positions expressed in this statement of faith.
4. Able to teach the Bible in a manner faithful to God’s Word.
5. Respect for parents and their role as the God-given authority in their children’s lives.
6. Able to work cooperatively with all members of the church staff.
1. Be responsible for overseeing weekly student’s activities on Sunday
2. Select/develop/evaluate curricula for weekly students’ activities in conjunction with the Senior Pastor.
3. Equip and train adult leaders to serve the students in the weekly activities of the church.
4. Involve parents directly in the activities of their children within the church.
5. Plan activities and events outside the weekly schedule to enable the growing a healthy group that is quick to reach out to others.
6. Keep parents and the church family up to date on scheduled activities and events within the students’ ministries.
7. Prepare an annual budget for the student ministries.
8. Actively engage students in the Great Commission and plan/lead opportunities for national and international missions.
1. Demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord of life and a desire to glorify God in all things.
2. Demonstrate priority commitment to your family and biblical leadership in your home.
3. Participate as a member of the pastoral ministry team with the Senior Pastor and other staff members in such pastoral ministries as hospital visitation, counseling, preaching and other needs as requested by the Senior Pastor.
4. Faithfully work 40 hours per week and attend weekly staff meetings and any other staff planning, development, etc.
5. Continue to study and attend ministry related conferences/events, etc. for personal, spiritual, and ministry growth.
6. Demonstrate a Christlike love for the whole church family.