First Southern Baptist Church in Salina, Kansas is looking for an Associate Pastor of Youth. The church averages about 260 in Sunday morning worship. We currently have a blended worship service. You will be tasked with developing a strong youth ministry for grades 7-12. Other duties will be assigned geared toward your giftedness.
Purpose: To coordinate and oversee all Youth Ministry (Grades 7-12) in FSBC.
1. Coordinate and direct Sunday and Wednesday Evening Bible studies and/or worship services for grades 7-12.
2. Create and oversee a Youth Ministry team.
3.Coordinate the planning of special projects and activities (such as youth camps, retreats, mission trips, and fellowships.)
4. Stay informed about current youth education methods, materials, promotional ideas, youth trends, and administration techniques, utilizing them where appropriate.
5. Be responsible for planning meetings to provide effective communication with youth workers and youth parents.
6. Prepare and administer the youth ministry budget.
7. Provide special training opportunities for youth leaders in cooperation with the Church’s overall training effort.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Hold to the requirement of a pastor in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. Have a love and passion for leading students deeper in Christ.
We are a church that is committed to preaching and teaching the truths of God`s Word and to worship Him in spirit and truth.