Lakewood Ranch Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Youth Pastor to lead our middle and high school ministry. We’re missions-minded, evangelical and committed to expositional teaching. Our congregation averages around 300 each week. Our worship is mostly contemporary, and we’re located in a growing part of town. The youth group currently has attendance of 30 students. Special events with our youth have attracted close to 100 students.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess the qualifications for elder/pastor listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
• Clearly love God, which will be demonstrated through loving others, keeping his eyes pure, maintaining a consistent devotional life, and being committed to stewardship.
• Have a passion for discipling and evangelizing young people.
• Be a gifted Bible teacher who can connect with students.
• Have 5 years of full-time experience working with students.
• Have some formal theological training.
• Desire to partner with parents in preparing their children to keep their faith when they go to college.
• Work well with all ages, self-motivated and personable.
• Be strong administratively (following budgets, setting goals, planning events).
• Take initiative regarding outreach in our area, esp. into schools.
• Effectively recruit and train volunteers.
• Work well in a team environment (staff and committees).
• Have demonstrated a commitment to keeping students safe.
• Be proficient with social media (web/graphic design/video production skills a plus)
• Work well with students who are home schooled as well as attend public/private school.
• Be ordained or seeking ordination.
• Affirm the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link to teaching samples (no CDs or DVDs please).
Reports to Lead Pastor
Please join us in the heart of one of the country's largest growing residential areas - Lakewood Ranch Florida. God is at work in our community and we would love to have you visit and help us as we spread the Word. Our mission is: Engaging our community to meet and know Christ and share Him with all nations. Our Core Values: •Sound biblical teaching •Authentic, Spirit-led Worship •Building Christ-centered relationships •Leading others to Jesus Christ