The primary responsibility of the Director of Children and Family Ministries is to develop, implement and maintain all ministries and programs involving ministry to children and their families.
1. Plan, direct, coordinate and evaluate the Children's ministry through, working with the children, their families, the teachers, and leadership, as well as with the Pastor.
2. Enlist and train leaders to guide train and work with the children in living out their faith daily.
3. Lead in planning and conducting special age-group activities and programs appropriate for the spiritual growth and development of the children and their families, including Bible Study, Discipleship, Drama plays & skits, Retreats and Camps, Special Projects, Lead in outreach to children and their families.
1. Enlist and supervise any and all workers with the Children's ministry.
2. Serve as a resource person for all teachers and workers in the Children's ministry.
3. Work with other Children's workers in determining:
* A philosophy of Children's ministry
*Objectives and goals for the Children's ministry
*Policies and procedures for the Children’s ministry
*Use of facilities for the Children's ministry
*Collection and disbursement of finances for the Children's ministry
*Administrative procedures for conducting the Children's ministry
4. Oversee the purchase and maintenance of materials, supplies, and equipment needed for the Children's ministry.
5. Develop a calendar of activities for a summer program: age-grouped.
Must have a love and understanding of children and a desire to see them grow in the knowledge of Jesus as their savior. College degree and experience with children's ministries required. This position will also be expected to be involved in Discipleship leadership or continuing education as it relates to Children's ministry and pursuing personal growth through reading, quiet time, staff devotions, personal evangelism, etc.