Desert Springs Baptist Church is in a rebuilding phase. We are located in Reno, NV. We are seeking an Associate Pastor. This position will support our churches goals of reaching the children and youth of our community. We have one Middle School and Elementary School across the street from the church. There are also two other Elementary schools within a mile of the church. The High School is only about 5 miles from the church. The neighborhood is a ripe harvest. It will be the responsibility of the Associate Pastor to provide leadership in the planning and implementation of a dynamic children and student ministry.
The Associate will be expected to work closely with the Senior Pastor, Church Council, and other church leaders in the planning, development, and implementation of a comprehensive ministry to children and youth, including education, missions, and other activities.
NOTE: At this time we are unable to pay this position. We will do our best to give reimbursement for gas and possibly a cell phone, but at this time we cannot make any promises. This is a volunteer position but will require about 20 hours per week. While the position is presently a volunteer position, the right person can quickly grow this into a full-time opportunity.
Reno, NV. is a growing city and there are many new companies and jobs in the area.
The position requirements are as follows:
- Born again believer with a sure testimony of salvation.
- Love for God and people.
- Affirms the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Clear background check (upon request).
- Ability to lead, be a team player, and oversee other ministry volunteers.
- A teachable spirit
- Have healthy family relationships; able to balance priorities between home and ministry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize technology for ministry purposes.
- Assist the pastor in the preaching and teaching ministry of the church as requested by the
- Assist the pastor as needed in a hospital, shut-in, and general pastoral visitation.
- Assist the pastor in administrative responsibilities as requested.
- Assist with committee responsibilities as assigned.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities requested by the senior pastor and Church Council as
You do not need to be ordained but you must be willing to be mentored leading up to an ordination.
2301 Kings Row
Reno, NV 89503-2221
Welcome to Desert Springs Baptist Church (DSPC). DSBC is located in the Biggest Little City, Reno, Nevada. Reno is rapidly growing due, in part, to a large number of company's making this their home. Reno is close to Lake Tahoe and some of the best snow skiing in the country. Desert Springs Baptist Church believes and supports the Great Commission given to the church by Jesus in Matthew 28:19. “Go therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit;" (NKJV). The church believes this begins in the local church through discipleship training. This teaching and training is spread into the homes of the believers and will show signs of bringing about a change in their lives. This change is the growth and conformation of the “mind of Christ” and grows to a deeper, closer walk with Him. The growth will continue, through obedience, and flow into the lives of the community. Desert Springs Baptist Church sets no limits or boundaries beyond their community for ministry as Christ has already determined it to be “the world”. The church believes in expositional preaching and teaching of God’s Word. Strong emphasis is placed on sharing God's Word and His love to the community. Desert Springs Baptist Church is truly 'Where the Searching End and the Journey Begins."