Desert Springs Baptist Church is in a rebuilding phase. We are located in Reno, NV. We are seeking an Associate Pastor. This position will support our churches goals of reaching the children and youth of our community. We have one Middle School and Elementary School across the street from the church. There are also two other Elementary schools within a mile of the church. The High School is only about 5 miles from the church. The neighborhood is a ripe harvest. It will be the responsibility of the Associate Pastor to provide leadership in the planning and implementation of a dynamic children and student ministry.
The Associate will be expected to work closely with the Senior Pastor, Church Council, and other church leaders in the planning, development, and implementation of a comprehensive ministry to children and youth, including education, missions, and other activities.
NOTE: At this time we are unable to pay this position. We will do our best to give reimbursement for gas and possibly a cell phone, but at this time we cannot make any promises. This is a volunteer position but will require about 20 hours per week. While the position is presently a volunteer position, the right person can quickly grow this into a full-time opportunity.
Reno, NV. is a growing city and there are many new companies and jobs in the area.
The position requirements are as follows:
- Born again believer with a sure testimony of salvation.
- Love for God and people.
- Affirms the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Clear background check (upon request).
- Ability to lead, be a team player, and oversee other ministry volunteers.
- A teachable spirit
- Have healthy family relationships; able to balance priorities between home and ministry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize technology for ministry purposes.
- Assist the pastor in the preaching and teaching ministry of the church as requested by the
- Assist the pastor as needed in a hospital, shut-in, and general pastoral visitation.
- Assist the pastor in administrative responsibilities as requested.
- Assist with committee responsibilities as assigned.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities requested by the senior pastor and Church Council as
You do not need to be ordained but you must be willing to be mentored leading up to an ordination.
2301 Kings Row
Reno, NV 89503-2221
We are a body of believers committed to worshipping and serving Jesus Christ. As a Southern Baptist church, we join with like-minded Christians in spreading the gospel around the world. Christ reaches out to people of all ages and backgrounds, various life stages and needs. We have a place for everyone to study the Scriptures, fellowship together and minister to others. We want you to be a part of the blessings of God in the life of our church. We are very active in Missions here in Reno as well as in other countries. It is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ to make disciples of all nations and to actively seek to win the lost to Christ.