The Associate Pastor/Minister to Students will report directly to the Senior Pastor for planning, coordinating, directing and evaluating the education ministry of Macland Baptist Church. He will also be responsible for planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive outreach/evangelism ministry designed to reach into the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. A key emphasis of this position will focus on the student education ministry (Middle School, High School, and College and Career). His responsibilities will also include assisting the Pastor with the everyday administrative duties required to keep the church organized and functioning.
Macland Baptist Church is a family oriented, Bible believing, Bible preaching Southern Baptist Church. We are traditional in worship style. We offer on Sunday mornings, a 9:15am Sunday School-Bible Study which is immediately followed at 10:30am with a worship service. There is another worship service Sunday evening at 6pm. We offer a weekly AWANA program for children and youth on Sunday evenings, and provide for the Girls in Action, Mission Friends, Women on Mission. We also have a men’s ministry program that includes prayer breakfast, golfing, and fishing and community mission’s projects. We have a growing Discipleship Training program for adults, as well as New Member’s classes and New Christian classes, because God continually adds to our church family. There are special Sunday evening and Wednesday evening youth services and activities. We offer a growing Youth ministry, Children’s program and age graded nurseries. Our goal in providing these programs and opportunities is to train and equip the body of Christ to do the work of the ministry and to reach a lost world for Christ.
Our music is a mix of traditional hymns, Southern Gospel favorites, and contemporary specials. The preaching is expository in style.
Please provide a link of your sample preaching/teaching technics (audio/video etc.) All resumes can be emailed to Ts1@bellsouth.net or mail to 2619 Old Lost Mtn. Road, Powder Springs Ga. 30127. We will be receiving resumes through October 31, 2017.
1. The Associate Pastor/Minister of Students should be called by God to serve as an Associate Pastor.
2. He should be a seminary graduate with a Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Religious Education, Master of Arts in Biblical Studies or a Master of Arts in Theological Studies degree or the equivalent thereof.
3. He should possess good organizational, communication, and people skills, and be able to relate well to all age groups.
4. He should have previous experience in the education or youth ministry with organization and administrative skills.
5. He should share a common vision with the Senior Pastor in regard to church growth and the overall direction of the outreach and evangelism ministry at Macland Baptist Church.
6. He will have Associate Pastor status; therefore, he should be an ordained minister and be qualified to assist in pastoral duties as needed (visitation, counseling, witnessing, preaching, etc.)
Macland Baptist Church is a family oriented, Bible believing, Bible preaching Southern Baptist Church. We are traditional in worship style. Our music is a mix of traditional hymns and contemporary praise music. The preaching is from the King James Version in expository style. We are evangelistic in our approach and missions minded. We offer one blended Sunday morning worship service (10:30 am), a Sunday evening service (6:00 pm), a Wednesday evening Bible Study, and strong Sunday school, AWANA and student ministry programs. We also offer RA, GA, Mission Friends, WMU, and Brotherhood programs to help provide missions education and training. We have strong ministries for youth, children and preschoolers. MBC currently gives 11% of total budget income to the SBC Cooperative program, and 3% to the Noonday Baptist Association. If you do not have a regular church home, we would love for you to become a part of the exciting and loving church family that makes up Macland Baptist Church.