Director of Music & Worship is responsible for assisting the Church in evaluating, planning, and executing a comprehensive music and worship ministry. The Director of Music & Worship shall work under the direction of, and be responsible to, the Senior Pastor.
Lake Shore Baptist church is a Southern Baptist church which currently holds three Sunday morning worship services. Our services styles range from Traditional to Modern. Our ideal Director of Music & Worship candidate is someone:
- with an appreciation for multiple styles of music and an ability to incorporate each style appropriately in worship
- who values people over performance, and leads through the formation of relationships
- who is a passionate team-player ready to share ideas and interests with a growing body of believers
Basic Job Description:
1. In conjunction with Senior Pastor or other officiating pastors, plan worship services for Sunday mornings (and holidays as necessary). (currently Sunday morning, 8am, 9:30am, & 11am)
2. Lead music (or in some cases, delegate leadership) instrumentally and vocally in worship services.
3. Plan and execute rehearsals for church ensembles. (currently Worship Team Rehearsal on Thursdays @ 7:00pm)
4. Share administrative plans, announcements, budget needs, and other necessary information in a timely fashion to be communicated to the church body.
5. Participate in weekly (as needed) staff meetings (currently Tuesdays @ 4:00pm), and other quarterly/seasonal meetings of the church.
6. Recruit new members to the Worship Team, Audio-Visual Team, and other volunteer support staff.
7. Encourage the appropriate purposing of gifts within the church body as it pertains to special music, soloists, ad hoc ensembles, etc.
8. Coordinate special music programs (e.g., Easter, Christmas, Youth, Children, Students) as appropriate and with the assistance of volunteers.
9. Facilitate seasonally/thematic appropriate changes to the Worship Center, i.e. changes in décor, audio-visual images, signage, etc.
10. Actively engage as a member of the church.
11. Perform other duties as may, from time-to-time, be determined necessary and appropriate to the position of Director of Music & Worship.
A Christian believer; someone with a clear testimony of their Christian faith, an understanding of their call to Christian ministry, and living a lifestyle in agreement with our statement of faith (the Baptist Faith & Message 2000)
Experience leading and directing worship in a variety of church settings
Formal music training, experience, or a combination of both adequate to perform the duties of the position.
Instrumentalist (piano/keyboard preferred) and Vocalist
A working understanding of audio-visual equipment (digital sound console, projectors, Microsoft office applications, Media Shout software, etc)
Our goal at Lake Shore Baptist is to: reach Pasadena with the Gospel message; teach the Word of God; minister in His name; worship God with both traditional and "praise-style" worship services; all while growing in relationship to God and each other. Sunday Services: Traditional Service 8am Contemporary Worship 9:30 & 11:00 am Visit our website for information on additional ministries and activities.