First Baptist Church of Troy, North Carolina, in the geographical center of our state located between Charlotte and the Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point Triad, is seeking a full-time Student and Children’s Minister with at least some music and technology expertise. This person will work with our new Senior Pastor and existing team to develop and build a family-centered student and youth ministry that will serve our Church and draw unchurched families and individuals into our Church. First Baptist has a vision and passion for reaching the lost in our community and building them in their relationship with Christ. The responsibilities of the position would include:
1. Build and develop an excellent children’s and student ministry that will attract and keep local families coming back to First Baptist Church.
2. Recruit, train, and encourage children’s and student workers to help in building the ministry and working with young people.
3. Work with our Children’s and Youth committees to plan, coordinate, and direct children’s and student Sunday and midweek programs.
4. Work with our Children’s and Youth committees to plan, coordinate, and direct children’s and student monthly outside activities as well as annual retreats and mission trips.
5. Work with our current Worship Director to prepare and lead music in our worship services.
6. Direct our Church’s technology program including website, social media, and app with the assistance of volunteers and professional help.
- A Bachelor’s degree (either completed or in the final year of residence for an intern) in a related field.
- A passion for the Lord and His Church, and a love for children and youth.
- At least some expertise in music and technology.
Pastor Jeffrey Hartman
Located at the foot of the ancient Uwharrie Mountains of Central North Carolina, First Baptist Church of Troy, NC was started in June 1885 from a meeting of four Baptist ministers, at a request from others to start a Baptist church in the town. Since its first one-room building, the church has grown into larger buildings twice, in 1914 and again in 1958. Troy FBC is Christ-centered, Bible-based, and missions-focused, Services held on Sunday are: Coffee Fellowship at 9:15, Sunday School at 9:45, Morning Worship at 10:55, Youth Group at 5:00, and Bible Study at 6:00. Wednesday Prayer Meeting is at 6:00 except on 1st Wednesdays, when the Monthly Fellowship Supper is at 6:30. Following it, at 7:15, WMU, Baptist Men, GA’s, RA’s, and Acteens meet. Ministries include those listed above as well as Praying Needles prayer shawl ministry, Youth Group, Seniors Together, Adult Sanctuary Choir, Children’s Choir, and a Food Pantry. Troy FBC is also enthusiastically involved in Franklin Graham’s Operation Christmas Child shoebox ministry, and we sponsor Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts. The church has a warm fellowship and welcomes all who who wish to visit or join the church in order to learn more about Jesus Christ and to worship and serve Him. Senior Pastor is Dr. Phillips L. McRae.