"Building disciples through God… People… Service." First Baptist Church of Cairo, Georgia, provides seekers and believers alike an opportunity to connect to God through a vibrant praise and worship and biblically-sound preaching in a welcoming atmosphere. Expect a casual atmosphere and dynamic worship. Everyone is welcome, no matter their background!
The youth pastor will report directly to the lead pastor and will be accountable to the board of deacons. This position will be responsible for the overall leadership of the youth ministry, which includes children attending grades 6 through 12. This is a full-time position, which will require a minimum of 40 hours per week devoted to the ministry. Interested applicants must email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this ministry position.
• A sincere belief in and devotion to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, evidenced by a public profession of faith through baptism, a clear testimony, and a strong personal walk with Jesus Christ
• A calling by God to serve in the ministry
• Adherence to the current Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention
• College degree
• Formal ministerial training
• Leadership experience
• Commercial driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities
• Proclaim the gospel and lead the youth in proclaiming the gospel.
• Be responsible for the overall administration for all youth ministry tasks.
• Coordinate, plan and/or lead youth Bible studies on Wednesday evenings, Sunday mornings, and Sunday evenings.
• Plan and administer the annual youth ministry budget and calendar of events.
• Organize all trips, retreats, and camps. Personally accompany and supervise the youth on all trips, retreats, and camps.
• Communicate and promote youth ministry events with parents and youth through church publications.
• Counsel and confer with youth and parents as needed.
• Order needed curriculum supplies.
• Work with teachers and leaders to coordinate visitation and lead workers to visit prospects and absentees.
• Advise the Nominating Committee, as needed, in enlisting workers.
• Conduct special training projects for youth workers as needed.
• Supervise the inventory, care, repair, and storage of activities and recreations equipment and supplies.
• Supervise the use and care of the youth house.
• Maintain accurate records for youth incentive programs, which include a church-sponsored college scholarship fund.
• Provide the pastor and deacons with periodic updates concerning the youth ministry.
• Any other duties assigned by the lead pastor (ex. staff meetings).
• Attend youth engagements outside of normal church functions (ex. football games, extracurricular activities).
• Coordinate with College and Careers Ministry team to implement outreach programs and maintain contact with former youth members.