PART TIME MUSIC DIRECTOR
Job Description and Requirements
• Report directly to the Senior Pastor
• Initiate and maintain communication with pastoral and support staff.
• Notify the Pastor and Personnel Committee of major changes to weekly hours.
• Follow and maintain a yearly budget.
1. Regularly organize, prepare, and provide music for Sunday morning services and other planned services.
2. Organize and maintain a church music program within the following general structure:
• Adult Choir(s)
• Worship Team and other musicians
• Support and assist Children’s Choir(s) lay-leaders
3. Supervise the care, maintenance, and use of all musical instruments and related equipment belonging to the church.
4. Maintain the music library in an orderly manner and endeavor to update and improve it.
5. Coordinate the planning and programming of the music ministry with the total ministry of the church.
6. Encourage and direct participation in the church’s music ministry.
7. Recruit and schedule audio visual volunteers and make available periodic training on the equipment.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Our church is seeking a male or female part time music director with 3-5 years experience preferred. Experience can be church, secular, or a combination of both.
Director will plan and lead both Sunday morning services with a blended genre of Christian music. In fact, our church is blessed by a diversity of Christian music genres. There are no regular expectations for Sunday or Wednesday evening service music; with the exception of an occasional special or holiday(s) service or guest preaching event.
Director will be expected to read music and be able to conduct an experienced choir, praise team, praise band rehearsals. Traditionally those rehearsals happen on Sunday or Wednesday evenings. Additionally, the Director will recruit and schedule the A/V teams, soloists, and pianist (which we are blessed with several).
FBC of Desloge is not a perfect church with a perfect pastoral staff, but we follow a perfect Saviour. The church is extremely active. The generations in our church respect and support each other. The church is very missions minded having sent teams to 8 international countries and at least 16 states. We are currently in a 3 year partnership with a British Columbia church that is reaching Farsi speaking Persians with the Gospel.
FBC of Desloge is dually aligned with the Southern Baptist and Missouri Baptist Conventions, a strong supporter of the Mineral Area Baptist Association (2%), Cooperative Program (10%), Southern Baptist and Missouri Baptist Conventions' missions offerings, and the BFM2000.
Interested candidates can learn more about FBCD by looking at our website www.fbcdesloge.net or our Facebook Page "First Baptist Church of Desloge.
For more information contact the church at 573-431-2926 or email@example.com and our Search Committee Chairperson will respond to your inquiry.
Resumes are due by October 23, 2017
MAIL or deliver resumes to (do not email resumes):
FBC of Desloge
411 N. Harding
Desloge, MO 63601.
Glad you found us! Check out our website for complete information! Pastor Bradford Laubinger