Olive Branch Baptist Church is located in rural southern Virginia between Lake Gaston and South Hill. There are two Sunday Services; one traditional & one contemporary that have a total average attendance of 220-235. We are seeking an Associate Pastor who would oversee the youth and music ministry (Contemporary Worship Service). The Associate Pastor would be responsible for providing, planning, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive ministry for youth as well as for music/worship and other pastoral duties. This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package to replace a Pastor who was called to another church after 11 years at OBBC.
Youth Ministries - Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary leader in the evangelism & discipleship of youth.
• Provide Oversight of Youth Team (Missions, Recreation, Discipleship) Coordinating, leading developing youth ministries, including SS classes, mid-week ministry (YC-Young Church), special events, & mission trips in conjunction with Senior Pastor.
• General oversight of children/youth programs to include selection, recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers & volunteer team leaders.
• Establish relationships, communication, and follow up with youth and parents.
Music Ministry - Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide oversight of Worship Music Ministry. Responsible for the planning, conducting, implementing and evaluation of music ministry (Contemporary Worship Service).
• Plan, lead, coordinate worship music & working with audio visual personnel.
• Recruit, develop, a praise team, & lead Contemporary Worship Service.
Associate Pastor - Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Pastor with overall direction of the church.
• Assist Pastor with Worship Service planning and execution.
• Assist Pastor with ministry needs in the church (preaching, visitation, funerals, weddings, crisis response, counseling.)
• Be an extension of the Senior Pastor in the ministry of the church.
• Share in pastoral duties including preaching when requested.
• Perform other duties as requested by Senior Pastor.
• Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and meditation.
• Maintain proper priorities in his home and be the spiritual leader to his wife and children (if married).
• Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
• Support the total ministry of the church through attendance, verbal encouragement, and financial stewardship.
Must be saved, baptized and growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Must have a strong personal devotional life. (John 15:5)
Enjoy being around people, interacting & conversing with them. (I Thess. 2:8)
Should be humble and teachable. (Rom. 13:1) (Prov. 3:7)
Must agree with OBBC’s Articles of Faith.
Must be able to lead music worship for various settings including traditional, contemporary, youth services.
Must be able to teach/preach one on one, Sunday School setting and/or worship service.
Education and Experience
Should have seminary degree or actively working toward it.
Experience in pastoral, youth and contemporary music ministry is strongly preferred.
The Associate Pastor is responsible to the Senior Pastor for the development,
promotion, and evaluation of assigned ministries of the church. He shall work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor and look to him for general direction in performing duties.
Submit Resume or Questions to:
Olive Branch Baptist Church
5223 Blackridge Rd. Blackridge, Virginia 23950