1. Provide or have designated supervision for all preschool ministry activities sponsored by the church on a regular basis. This includes but may not be limited to: worship services or activities on Sunday Morning, Sunday Evening, and Wednesday Evening, as well as other special events scheduled and calendared by the Pastors or church leaders.
2. Ensure that established philosophies, policies and procedures are followed to provide a quality program.
3. Ensure that all volunteers and paid staff have current background screenings, and attend Child Protection Training.
4. Ensure that the preschool is adequately staffed, and that appropriate age-level curriculum and activities are provided for teachers and leaders.
5. Monitor class sizes and assign space that will best promote good student/teacher ratios and provide an atmosphere of preschool discipleship.
6. Personally and positively greet all families and seek out visitors.
7. Assist with recording visitor information and coordinate family visits and outreach.
8. Ensure that all decorations, furniture and equipment are appropriate and safe for a preschool setting.
9. Oversee the cleanliness and sanitation of all materials that come into contact with children, i.e. toys, games, furniture, bedding, clothing, doorknobs etc.
10. Stock necessary supplies.
11. Recruit and provide training/workshops for volunteers and preschool staff.
12. Assist with the church and preschool newsletters.
13. Attend weekly church staff meetings.
1. Must be a Christian and sign the Statement of Faith.
2. Membership at Westside Baptist Church is necessary.
3. BS degree or higher, in Early Childhood development, or related field, is recommended and desired.
4. Pass a background check
Our desire is to proclaim the Gospel and truly help families grow in community with God and others! We are passionate about having a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ and strive to help people become dedicated disciples. From a dynamic AWANA club to our Mothers Of Preschoolers (MOPS) Program, there is ministry here for your entire family. Worship opportunities include both traditional and contemporary worship services each Sunday and Lifegroups on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. Because of our closeness to the Fort Leonard Wood military base, we understand the difficulties of being part of a church for a short time and welcome soldiers and their families to get involved. Please visit our website to discover more about what God is doing here at Westside!