Rolling Fields Church is an elders-led, deacon-supported, congregational church. In other words, the church is governed by the congregation, led by an elder team who are released by servant deacons to devote themselves to the ministry of the Word and prayer. We are a Southern Baptist Church of approximately 55-60 members. The church is located in Jeffersonville, Indiana just across the river from Louisville, KY. The church is located in a community with several low-income households. By God’s grace we have been blessed to be a constant presence in the elementary school and apartment complex both of which are located behind the church property. Rolling Fields is committed to making Jesus known in our neighborhood, city, and to the ends of the earth. We currently partner with missionaries serving in Asia and Africa and are looking for ways to better serve our community and the lost. Our desire is to reach the lost with the gospel and to make fully devoted disciples of Christ. We seek to make disciples through our Sunday morning worship service, children and youth Sunday School classes, children’s church, small groups that meet throughout the week and through local evangelistic efforts. Our preaching is expository, we often preach through books of the Bible as well as sermon series. In our services we seek to reinforce the sermon through the music that we sing. Our goal in music is to honor Christ by singing songs that are rooted in scripture and theological truth and that connect the believer to Christ in a deep and meaningful way. Our style is contemporary with a mix of hymns and modern day worship music. We seek to be faithful in proclaiming the gospel in preaching and in song.
We are seeking the Lord’s will in finding our next lead elder for Rolling Fields Church. The lead elder will be responsible for the following:
Overall vision casting
• He along with the elder team will be responsible for leading the church in its purpose and future ministry plans.
• Preach expositorily (preferably through books of the Bible)
• Coordinate with the worship pastor to reinforce the sermon message during music
• He will lead the elder team
• He will lead and conduct monthly elder’s meetings
• He will lead and conduct the yearly elders retreat
• He will attend 1 out of 4 deacon’s meetings a year (all elders share this responsibility)
• He will help in training and developing new leaders (elders, deacons, small group leaders, ministry leaders)
• He will disciple at least one other man in the church
• He may lead in small groups if the need is present
• He will be trained in biblical counseling and will meet with church members as needed or requested (all elders share this responsibility)
• He will maintain a shepherding list of members he is responsible for checking in on throughout the year (all elders share this responsibility)
• Pray for the body on a consistent and regular basis
o Meet with the elders on a weekly basis for prayer
• Hospital visits as needed (all elders share this responsibility)
• Visit and check in on shut-ins (all elders share this responsibility)
• Conduct funerals as requested
• Conduct weddings of church members in good standing
• Encourage the body to be active in fulfilling the Great Commission
• Assist, help, or lead mission trips
• Help connect the church to the community through outreach and community partnerships
• Pray for our missionaries on a regular basis
• Serve according to his gifting
• Be willing to submit to and be shepherded by his fellow elders
• Meet the biblical qualifications for an elder according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9
• A clear and evident faith in Christ
• Regular practice of the spiritual disciplines
• If married, a commitment to his wife and family above his commitment to the church
• 2 years or more of pastoral experience preferred or current Bible college/seminary student may be considered
• Trained from a conservative institution
• A firm belief in the plurality of elders
• Must adhere to a biblical counseling approach to helping others
• A passion for missions work both locally and internationally
• Hold to a family equipping model of family ministry
• Adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
• A heart for leading and shepherding God’s people to grow in their love for Jesus, each other and the nations.
• A man of love, humility and service
• A willingness to take a 1 month sabbatical each year and an additional 4 Sundays off a year (associate pastor also preaches once a month).
• A willingness to live in the Southern Indiana or Louisville area
• A willingness to serve as a bi-vocational pastor
This is a bi-vocational position, salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to Tyler McGowen at firstname.lastname@example.org and please put in the subject line “Applicant for Rolling Fields Church.” Please include a web link of one of your sermons or you may mail a video or audio to:
Rolling Fields Church
Attn: Tyler McGowen
1858 E. 8th St.
Jeffersonville, Indiana 47130