Purpose of the Position
The Worship Pastor is an effective corporate worship leader, aided and led by the Holy Spirit, who skillfully combines Biblical truth with music to magnify the worth of God and the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, thereby motivating the gathered church to join him in proclaiming and cherishing the truth about God and seeking to live all of life for the glory of God.
• Closely assist the Lead Pastor in building worship experiences that support the message themes throughout the year.
• Direct the organization and implementation of a comprehensive church music program including singing, choir, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles, and band.
• Provide vision, leadership, accountability, and coaching for Lake Hills Worship Ministries Staff.
• Organize, plan and lead multiple worship services and weekly rehearsals.
• Prepare and manage the Worship Ministries annual budget.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead, direct and maintain harmonious relationships with a volunteer music committee/team.
• Plan, organize, and promote concerts, choir tours, mission trips, retreats, festivals, workshops, clinics, and other special programs to enhance the music ministry.
• Assist in the selection and provision of appropriate music for weddings, funerals, counseling, special projects, and other church-related activities.
• Recruit vocalists and musicians for choir/and special performances.
• Oversee the technical aspects of worship. (sound, light, media, staging)
• Develop caring relationships with ministry volunteers through phone calls, visits, and hospitality.
• Attend weekly staff meetings for prayer, encouragement, calendar planning and ministry implementation
• Assist other LHC Staff members in church wide events when needed.
• Maintain wise stewardship of all God’s resources that He has given you.
• Must be able to meet deadlines including punctuality.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor. Actively be involved in mentoring and shaping the next generation in worship.
• Have a calling, training and sincere passion to minister the church through Sprit-led worship.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in leading worship and pastoral ministry in a church of 500 or more.
• Evidence of moral character and a lifestyle that is consistent with that of LHC Constitution, Bylaws and Statement of Faith.
• Five (5) or more years’ experience in music ministry.
• Bachelor’s in Biblical Studies, Music Ministry, Divinity, or similar degree required.
• Must be musically talented, able to lead in singing, able to read music and able to play an instrument.
• Experience with the technical aspects of worship – sound boards, video, etc.
• Seminary or graduate degree in Biblical Studies, Music Ministry, Divinity or other relevant degree.
• Understands and supports the Southern Baptist denomination.
• Must be able to exegete Scripture and have an understanding of theology in relation to song selection.
• Ability to multi-task and produce quality work on time.
• Experience leading worship in a variety of styles for believers and seekers together.
• Strong musical and leadership skills, both instrumental and vocal.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Technological skills.
• Organization and delegation skills.
• Knowledge of traditional and contemporary Christian music.
• Knowledge of copyright laws.
• Use initiative and discretion in interaction with staff and congregants.
• Effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills to lead and speak to our congregation in various settings.
We are a people united, embracing the work of the Holy Spirit, striving to see lives transformed in our community, city and world.