The members of the Mountain Rest Baptist Church believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. The church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of the "Baptist Faith and Message", as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000. We band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ, personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
We are seeking a candidate for pastor who will be responsible for leading the church to function as a New Testament church. The pastor will lead the congregation, the organizations, and the church staff to perform their tasks. The pastor is leader of pastoral ministries in the church. As such, he works with the deacons and church staff:
1. To lead the church in the achievement of its mission.
2. To proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers.
3. To care for the church's members and other persons in the community.
As the spiritual leader of the church, the pastor is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, for teaching the biblical revelation, for engaging in pastoral care ministries, and for providing leadership in all areas of church life. (I Peter 5: 2-3).
We prefer a candidate with a minimum of five years of pastoral experience and preferably a seminary degree from a reputable, conservative seminary to fulfill the following responsibilities:
1. Maintain daily prayer time and devotion for spiritual growth. Acts 6:4
2. Spend time in preparation and prayer for the proclamation and teaching of the Word of God. Ephesians 4:11 - 12
3. Take time for tending to and nurturing himself and his immediate family so that he may more effectively minister to others. I Timothy 3:1 - 5
4. Make regular visits to members and prospective members, giving special attention to members who are sick, infirm, or bereaved. I Peter 4:11
5. Lead in the ongoing evangelistic outreach of the church. II Timothy 4 and 5.
6. Proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers. Titus 1:9
7. Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; and lead in the observances of the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and baptism. John 21:15 - 17
8. Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals. Acts 20:28
9. Work with the deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned duties; train and lead the deacons in a program of family ministries. Ephesians 4:2 - 3
10. Cooperate with associational, state and national denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest. Hebrews 13:1
11. Serve as church moderator. Romans 15:6
How to Apply: Submit the following information:
• Cover letter introducing yourself and your interest in this position.
• Narrative of your salvation testimony- Outline how you came to faith in Jesus Christ.
• Resume- Your ministry experience, educational background, and at least three references.
• Doctrinal statement- Detailed summary regarding your theological views on core doctrines.
• Two sermons- including a sermon outline and a video or audio recording (a link to a host site if the files are too large).
Candidates will be required to consent to education/credential verification (including official transcripts), a criminal background check, and a credit check.
Send resumes to:
Mountain Rest Baptist Search Committee
PO Box 120
Mountain Rest, SC 29664
9915 Highlands Hwy
Mountain Rest, SC 29664-9502