• Has a regular quiet time/devotional life for purpose of passionately pursuing God.
• May seek another part-time job for provision of necessary additional income.
• Work well with others, namely lead pastor, elders, parents, interns, and other musicians. Needs to love the church. Needs to see church as a family, not a job.
• Need to work well with other youth ministers and Young Life director in area.
• Desire to work and appreciate the unique blessings of rural church and community life.
• Needs to be at least 22 years of age and successfully pass Background Check.
• Develop relationships with students and their families through presence at school and community activities involving youth (e.g., sports events, dance recitals, dramas, etc.).
• Regularly lead worship, discipleship, and fellowship of students weekly.
• Facilitate regular outings for fun/fellowship/outreach among students.
• Report and coordinate student program planning and calendar with Parental Advisory Team and other church leaders.
• Develop and manage the youth ministry budget and fund raisers, including student fees/log of payments, monies made and allocated to each student for their work, etc.
• Provide spiritual counsel and guidance to youth.
• Communicate regularly with students, parents, pastor, as well as with church staff (ministry assistant), and elders.
• Model life of integrity and spiritual growth.
• Understands exalting Jesus and the Word of God as primary in worship.
• Prayerfully choose and coordinate music with pastor as he leads church family in worship.
• Regularly lead Sunday morning worship (half time – shared with one elder and other church members).
• Must sing and be comfortable leading church in worship in praise and song. Ability to play an instrument desired but not necessary. Need to be comfortable with both contemporary worship and traditional Christian hymns (blended style).
• Coordinate and practice with worship teams. We use praise participants from all age groups and a large cross section of our church family. We have drummers (2x), guitar players (bass, acoustic, electric), keyboard players, and multiple singers.
• Learn music/worship technology as necessary (e.g., Media Shout, Pro Presenter, sound system).
• Perform other ministries duties as assigned.
We desire a highly relational, passionate younger person to relate and engage our youth weekly, discipling and investing into their lives. We desire that person also have some musical skills, being able to lead worship with the youth and the church on Sunday morning. This person must have the character qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, growing in them but not perfect. Must be willing to work with elders' oversight and with parents. Direct supervision comes from Lead Pastor. College education desired, but calling, passion, and maturity more important. Must adhere doctrinally to Baptist Faith & Message (BF&M 2000) and church’s Constitution and Bylaws. Relationships over religion is what matters most to us. Relationships are everything!
We are a church family who wants to Invite everyone into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, Include them in the family of God, and Invest in them while challenging them to invest their entire lives in the Kingdom of God.