The Associate Pastor of Youth is one called to shepherd the youth ministries of the church. Responsible for the oversight of all youth ministry functions and responsibilities. Associate Pastor duties may include teaching the gospel, administering the ordinances, tending to the spiritual welfare of the members, equipping members for ministry, hospital visits, caring for, protecting and strengthening the spiritual life of the church and all people. Additional duties will be assigned based on an individual's qualifications, experience and the needs of the church.
- Ministry to the youth of the church, youth ministry workers, and parents of youth members.
- Accept opportunities to counsel and advise youth group members and parents of youth members as they arise.
- Responsible to the Pastor for the development and promotion of the youth ministry.
- Develop and lead a Youth Committee (comprised of youth workers and parents) to coordinate programming, activities, and events.
- Help people discover, develop and utilize their God-given talents for the Lord.
- Direct the planning, organizing, scheduling, conducting, promoting, and evaluation of a comprehensive youth ministry program.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, staffing and scheduling volunteers for the youth ministry including the youth Sunday school and Wednesday avenging youth gatherings.
- Plan and lead weekly youth services.
- Prepare and administer annual youth budget.
- Cooperate with associational and state leaders in promoting activities for the youth group.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shall have a commitment to the total mission and vision of the church.
- Accepts the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Ability to lead in all aspects of youth ministry
- Actively pursuing personal growth in Christ through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in youth ministry. Preferred degree requirements may be substituted for equivalent experience.
- Clear criminal background check and clean credit report check.
The Ridge Church is a growing church with over 700 in weekly attendance. We are located 45 minutes west of St. Louis, MO in a rural but growing area. We invite you to attend our services and worship with us! Worship Services 8:00am - 9:30am - 10:50am Mid-Week Services Wed. 6:3 pm