1. Plan, coordinate and evaluate the youth ministries through the various organizations of the church.
2. Intentionally disciple youth and children leaders in their walk with God as well as their service with the youth.
3. Work with Student Ministry leaders to disciple students in a relationship with Christ and develop them in Christian maturity.
4. Develop and maintain a relationship with youth and their families as a co-laborer in their spiritual development.
5. Provide direction and leadership for the shepherding of each student in the youth ministry.
6. Work with the Administrative Pastor and Youth Council to develop safe and effective policies and procedures.
7. Work with the Discipleship Pastor to come up with curriculum and literature needed for Student and Discipleship ministries.
8. Prepare the annual budget for the Student and Children’s ministries.
9. Serve as a member of the Church Council and Staff Advisor to teachers, committees and other volunteers having to do with the Student and Children’s ministries.
10. Assist the Nominating Committee in securing volunteer leadership in the areas of Student and Children’s Ministry.
11. Keep abreast of the latest materials, methods and trends in Student and Children’s ministries by participation in conferences and seminars.
12. Be responsible for all supplies and literature needed for Children’s ministry.
13. Direct the organization of the Good News Club and Vacation Bible School.
14. Develop and supervise a worship program for Sunday mornings and work with volunteer leadership to enlist workers for quality preschool care during church services.
15. Responsible for background checks of all Youth and Children’s volunteers and workers as well as planning an annual CPR and First Aid class.
16. Work with the Preschool and Children’s Committee to set goals and recommend changes in space usage, equipment, and furnishing needs
17. Coordinate with the Security Team the safety of our youth and children.
18. Perform other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
To learn more about our church, we invite you to visit our website, www.mhbchurch.com, to see the wide range of current activities and programs. We are a congregation that spans many generations and ages and we feel it is important for all in our community to serve, give and participate.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.
We are looking for a Youth/Children's Pastor that would oversee all aspects of the ministry to those under 18.
We would prefer this individual have a Bible College or Seminary Degree and a love for children.
This applicant must be organized, discipleship minded, and experienced in teaching youth and children.
"You will not be a stranger at Mount Hermon Baptist Church. We are a community church with a world-wide vision; a caring fellowship of believers bonded together to touch the entire world for Christ."