Minister of Worship and Discipleship
1. Coordinate and organize the church’s entire Music Ministry.
2. Plan and organize the Sunday Morning worship service with oversight of the Senior Pastor.
3. Provide opportunities for people to use their musical gifts to worship God and lead the congregation in worship.
4. Listen to and approve all the music being used in a Worship Service so that it is Biblical, Theologically Sound and will bring our church to a place of worship.
5. Recommend and supervise the work of all music leaders in the Music Ministry.
6. Incorporate different styles of Christian music into the Worship Service.
7. Organize and oversee the music training and opportunities for children.
8. Disciple and train people to lead the congregation, choir and praise team.
9. Be a resource to invest in an internship program to teach interns about worship, the philosophy of worship and train them to lead in worship.
10. Consult with weddings and funerals regarding appropriate music.
11. Provide the resources needed by the choirs, groups or soloists, such as counsel, music and technology/equipment and coordinate with the Sound/Media Committee.
12. Prepare and administer the Music Ministry budget to be recommended to the Finance Committee.
13. Supervise the maintenance of and additions to the music library. Provide music materials, supplies, instruments and other music equipment and use in the church’s programs.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Plan and set a vision of organized discipleship for our church
2. Evaluate and structure our educational programs. How do Sunday School, discipleship groups, Sunday nights and Wednesday nights work together to reach a focused and desired understanding of God and his Word
3. Oversee the discipleship groups and help coordinate the curriculum.
4. Supervise and Support the Directors of Sunday School, Discipleship Groups, Men’s and Women’s Ministry.
5. Monitor and evaluate educational space and classroom equipment needs.
6. Provide Discipleship and Sunday School training opportunities such as camps, retreats and study seminars.
7. Oversee the training and educating of our teachers.
To learn more about our church, we invite you to visit our website, www.mhbchurch.com, to see the wide range of current activities and programs. We are a congregation that spans many generations and ages and we feel it is important for all in our community to serve, give and participate.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Applicant must have knowledge of Music including Hymns and newer Worship Songs and must be able to lead a Choir as well as a Praise Band.
Applicant must have a desire to Shepherd people and have a heart for Sunday School and Small Groups
Applicant must be organized and able to plan our Worship Services with the Senior Pastor as well special services around Christmas and Easter.
Pastor Steve Chromy
"You will not be a stranger at Mount Hermon Baptist Church. We are a community church with a world-wide vision; a caring fellowship of believers bonded together to touch the entire world for Christ."