The Pastor is God’s under-shepherd and provides vision, spiritual oversight and leadership. He is responsible to God and the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is to be faithful to rightly divide and teach God’s Word, while providing pastoral care and administrative leadership. His primary role shall be to feed, nurture, train and teach the church. It is recognized that some areas of his responsibilities may be delegated to others, in accord with church leadership, as he helps them develop their gifts and grow as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. Leads the local church in execution of the Great Commission as stated in Matthew 28:19-20, emphasizing and participating in mission efforts and giving (local, regional and international).
2. Models and encourages personal spiritual development.
3. Discerns and articulates the vision of how and where God is leading the local church.
4. Prepares and delivers sermons for worship services, coordinates and assists in planning of services with worship leader(s) in all services.
5. Leads in observance of ordinances.
6. Leads in outreach and in a caring ministry for local church members and in the local community. As needed, provides counsel for, but not limited to, salvation, marital and premarital needs, family and/or personal crises or bereavement.
7. Serves as Chair of the Church Council to lead in planning, directing and evaluating all aspects of church ministries.
8. Gives guidance and encouragement to all ministry and service committees and teams as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
9. Personally leads the local church in cooperating with Southern Baptist local, state and national entities.
10. Disciples and provides supervision and evaluation of church staff.
1. Experience and Personal Requirements
a. Must know Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior.
b. Prefer 5 to 10 years of pastoral experience.
c. Must have strong leadership and administrative skills.
d. Must be in agreement with and commit to the Southern Baptist Faith and Message 2000 as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
e. Must represent the pastoral characteristics as noted in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
f. Must be or is willing to be an ordained minister.
g. Must have at least average computer skills; prefer a working knowledge of social media.
2. Education Requirements
a. Prefer Masters Degree from an educational affiliate of the Southern Baptist Convention.
SVBC Pastor Search Team
Located five miles west of the Las Vegas Strip in the Spring Valley Township, Spring Valley Baptist Church is one of Nevada's most dynamic churches, touching the lives of thousands in the Las Vegas Metro area with the life changing message of God's love and forgiveness. Situated on South Rainbow Blvd between Sahara and Desert Inn, the church is strategically located in the western corridor of an ever-growing Las Vegas. Unique in our location, we are able to reach out to the ethnicity of Las Vegas' West side with one hand and the sprawling suburban growth toward the west and south with the other hand. We have four worship services each week; three on Sunday and one on Wednesday evening. Each Sunday service has uplifting praise and worship where we sing the great hymns of the faith as well as the latest praise choruses. Search our website for all the wonderful opportunities that await your entire family; everything from music to mission trips, and Bible studies to softball. If you're looking for a place for a new beginning with God, if you're looking to move beyond your past, if you're looking for a place to belong...Welcome home!