PASTOR FOR WORSHIP AND ASSIMILATION
First Southern Baptist Church, Pratt, Kansas Steven R. Taylor, Senior Pastor – Contact person – (806) 367-0002 email@example.com
1. The Pastor for Worship has the responsibility of working closely with the Senior Pastor to lead the people of First Southern Baptist Church in public worship that glorifies God and mediates life changing encounters with Him.
2. Assimilation responsibilities include:
A. Identify and implement effective spiritual development and assimilation strategies for First Southern Baptist Church.
B. Ensure connectivity, assimilation, discipleship, and development of community within the adult body of the church.
1. Mature love for God and a contagious heart for worship and spiritual maturity.
2. Well-developed understanding of worship, the Word of God, and discipleship ministries.
3. Demonstrated gifts for leading a congregation in public worship that is scripturally saturated, musically rich, spiritually sensitive and personally engaging.
4. Passion and vision for ministry to emerging generations and a heart for the people of the existing church.
5. Ability to collaboratively lead a ministry that includes a broad range of musical forms, bands, choir, and vocal ensembles.
6. Ability to envision, organize and administer a complex ministry in a medium-large, multiple-service church: (350-400 currently and growing) ability to recruit effectively and connect people into ministry where they fit well.
7. Sufficient technological expertise to pursue an expanding and creative use of multimedia in worship.
8. Ability to work closely with the Senior Pastor to create services of word and worship which are woven into a seamless garment to the glory of God.
9. Devoted full-time to the work of the ministry of First Baptist Church, and capable of directing all volunteers and assigned paid staff in the Spiritual Development ministry.
10. Capable administrator and motivator of volunteers.
11. Possess a fully “cooperative” spirit and be a team player in his role with the pastoral/ministry staff.
12. Strong interpersonal/relational skills.
13. Proven track record in a directly related ministry.
14. Educational training consistent with and suited to the accomplishment of his tasks.
Our mission statement is "Bold Truth Boundless Love!" We are a Bible-believing, evangelistic, joyful church that takes seriously the Bold Truth and Boundless Love of Christ. We minister to Pratt and to 28 area communities. Worship services at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Sunday mornings. The first service is our heritage service which is a blend of the great hymns of the faith and older praise songs. The Second service is our contemporary service which has newer praise songs in it. Sunday School for all ages is at 9:45 and a nursery is provided for all services. Exciting programs are provided for children(Awana), youth, elementary and preschool children.