Dallasburg Baptist Church is searching for a full-time associate pastor whose primary duties will be to focus on the youth and families of the church.
• Must have a growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and have taken the step of believer’s baptism
• Must meet qualifications set forth in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in any field of study, plus working towards a Masters in a field of theology or have already earned a Bachelor’s in a field of theology
• Must be available to fill this position in a full time capacity
• Prior experience working with youth ( 7th – 12th grades) is preferred
• Some nature of musical ability is preferred
• We prefer that our Youth Pastor be married with healthy family relationships. However, we are seeking God’s man for this position and will consider single applicants as well.
• Conduct organized services with the youth of DBC each week – Sunday School, Sunday evening Bible Study and Wednesday evening Bible Study.
• Promote and participate in youth activities that provide spiritual growth and fellowship opportunities.
• Establish and cultivate a regular program of visitation with the youth in cooperation with the church’s outreach program. Train youth in evangelism and discipleship. Visit local school campuses at appropriate times to develop relationships with students and school officials.
• Help equip parents to engage their children in discipleship.
• Counsel students and/or parents on issues relating to salvation, spiritual life, relationships, vocation decisions, etc.
• Serve as a member of Church Council, Budget Committee and other committees that arise to ensure that the youth program and perspective are considered when making decisions for the well-being of the church and its programs.
• Conduct meetings with the Youth Assistant(s) to collaborate in planning, evaluating, and setting goals for the youth ministry.
• Be responsible for the submission of receipts from expenses and the use of cash allowances used for events, trips, and fellowship activities to ensure budget compliance.
• Plan and oversee youth fundraising efforts with the help of the Youth Assistant(s).
Relationship to Pastor
• Be responsible and accountable through the pastor to the church.
• Assist the pastor and deacons in hospital and funeral home visitation for all members of the church/community.
• Other duties as assigned by our Pastor.
4760 Hwy 227 N
Wheatley, KY 40359