Principle Function: Responsible to the Minister of Education for development and administration of a comprehensive ministry of Christian development and education from newborn to sixth grade.
Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Survey the needs and consider realistically the areas to be addressed in a ministry to preschoolers and children; advise the Minister of Education of optimal ministry options.
2. Work with the Preschool and Children’s Committees, ministerial staff, parents and volunteers in planning, implementing and evaluating a program of religious education, worship and activities for children birth through sixth grade. (Sunday School, AWANA, Children’s Church, Passport2Purity, VBS, Preteen Camp, Leadership Camp, Campout with Pastor, Easter Celebration, Parent/Child Dedication, and summer activities for all of the ages in children’s ministry.)
3. Plan to maintain a program of continuing training for leadership in the Preschool and Children’s areas. (Annual child protection training, annual AWANA leader training opportunities, regular teachers’ meetings.)
4. Serve as the staff liaison to the VBS leadership team.
5. Advise in the selection and use of excellent Bible curricula, materials, equipment, supplies and space by preschool and children’s groups in all church organizations.
6. In consultation with the Preschool and Children’s Committees, Administrator, MDO Director and Childcare Coordinator prepare an annual budget for recommendation to the Budget Planning Committee.
7. Continually enlist, develop, delegate, and train adult volunteers who will lead out in implementing a comprehensive ministry to children.
8. Supervise the Mother’s Day Out Director in administrating the MDO weekday ministry. Develop and update MDO policies and procedures.
9. Supervise the Childcare Coordinator in providing appropriate childcare for church related events. Develop and update Childcare policies and procedures.
10. Serve as staff advisor on the following committees: Preschool and Children.
11. Maintain excellent personal, moral and ethical standards and practices in order to be above reproach and an effective role model.
12. Keep informed of current laws, research, and trends in the area of preschool and children’s ministry through continuing education, conferences and seminars.
13. Develop and implement Child Protection Policies and Procedures. Perform background checks and ensure that all adults working with children and students from birth through 17 years of age have had background checks and completed a child protection course. Conduct child protection training classes for teachers, leaders, sponsors, VBS workers, employees and any others who work with children age 17 and under. Ensure that volunteers complete a Volunteer Registration Form and keep records current.
14. Work with the Preschool and Children’s Committees to plan and implement outreach events to reach families in our community. (W.E.L.L., Fall Festival, fun fellowships, mission opportunities, etc.)
15. Develop and actively promote ongoing communication with parents, equipping them to be spiritual trainers of their children. Provide meaningful resources to parents.
16. Be proactive and available for encouragement and spiritual help to children and parents.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Underlying Objective: Create an environment where children learn to know, love, and serve God and build Christ-like relationships with people inside the church and outside of it (Matthew 22:37-40).
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Life insurance (3 x salary) Disability
10% Retirement Conference account
1. A well-grounded Christian who exhibits an ongoing relationship with Christ professionally and personally with commitment to the vision, core values, and doctrines of the church.
2. College degree with emphasis on childhood development education or seminary degree.
3. An enthusiastic love for children and serving the Lord.
4. An understanding of the special needs and learning styles of children.
5. A preferred of at least three to five years’ experience working with children in a God honoring way.
6. An effective verbal and written communicator who can promote, delegate, and develop the ministry publicly in both large and small group settings.
7. A relational team player skilled at bridging a multigenerational church.
8. Willing and able to partner with and equip parents to be the spiritual trainers of their children.
9. Provide meaningful resources and continuing education/training for parents, teachers, staff, and volunteers.
10. Ability to work a full-time position that requires walking, sitting, climbing stairs,
and standing sometimes for long periods of time. The ability to talk, listen, and reach with arms and hands, and sometimes pick up a small child.
11. Requires passing drug screening, and background checks.
12. Certification in CPR (including infant CPR) within the first 90 days of employment.
13. Committed to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
Underlying Objective Create an environment where children learn to know, love, and serve God and build Christ-like relationships with people inside the church as well as outside of it (Matthew 22:37-40).
Long-term Vision From birth to 6th grade, we want to provide a spiritual foundation that can lead to a salvation experience for the child (in partnership with parents), continually striving to reach the heart/thinking of the child, and emphasizing discipleship with ongoing obedience and maturity in Christ in every stage of life.
To Apply Please submit a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
The position remains open until filled.