First Baptist Church of Nevada, MO (SBC) is seeking a full-time senior pastor to serve Nevada (pop. 8,200) and surrounding communities in Vernon County (pop. 21,000). FBC currently has one traditional and one contemporary service with a combined attendance of approx. 400. Candidates for the position should submit a resume and answer the following five essay questions. Only resumes with completed essay questions will be considered.
1. Why are you considering leaving your current church and moving to another church? Why First Baptist Church of Nevada?
2. Describe your family. Talk about their feelings towards your ministry, how they are involved in your ministry and how they support you in your ministry. Talk about their feelings regarding moving and relocating to a rural community.
3. Please identify and describe your ministerial philosophy and involvement in the following areas. Include in your answer any changes or additions you have made in previous churches to the following categories:
b. Discipleship/small groups
e. Pastoral care and counseling/visitation
f. Role of the laity in the decision-making process of the church
g. Management of disagreements or conflicts in the church with members
4. FBC Nevada currently has 4 pastors. What do you think your involvement in leading staff would be like? Give an example of how you have developed someone as a ministry leader and include their contact information.
5. FBC Nevada currently has two services, traditional and contemporary. Would you feel comfortable serving both styles of services, what style of worship do you and your family enjoy going to, and are you open to adding other styles of worship should the need become apparent?
A seminary degree followed by at least five years pastoral experience is preferred.