Who is First Baptist Church, Arlington?
First Baptist Church of Arlington is a vibrant, growing church striving to glorify God by following the Jesus Way. We are living the call of Christ through an intentional Great Commission ministry that actively engages a multi-generational, multi-ethnic community in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. With the Bible as our spiritual foundation, the First Baptist family works to meet the physical and spiritual needs of people who live next door, across town, throughout the nation and around the world.
Worship Ministry Overview
The primary purpose of the First Baptist Church of Arlington Worship Ministry is to glorify God by proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and leading people into the presence of Jesus. It is about calling believers to spiritual renewal and inspiring them to continue their worship beyond Sunday morning.
This ministry touches every age and season of life in our congregation, enhancing spiritual maturity and providing mission and ministry opportunities. The Associate Pastor of Music and Worship will work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor and will coordinate with other ministers to ensure consistency between programs thereby maintaining alignment with the overall goals and visions of our church.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
• Team with the Senior Pastor to plan corporate worship by choosing music, Scripture and other creative elements that will help facilitate spiritually engaging and God-exalting worship
• Lead in congregational worship through music, media, drama and special programming and events
• Develop and oversee multiple expressions of corporate worship that support and enhance the overall mission of the church
• Provide overall direction and leadership in various ministry areas including preschool, children, youth, adult and senior adult choirs, orchestra, drama, media and other related worship ministries, utilizing worship ministry staff and volunteers as appropriate
• Effectively and passionately lead worship through proper preparation and planning during the week
• Hire, train, develop and supervise Music and Worship Ministry staff
• Invite, encourage, and equip individuals to use their gifts to participate in the worship ministry
• Work as a teammate and supporter of all areas of the church
• Develop and coordinate budgets for the Music and Worship Ministry
• Serve on Executive Leadership Team with the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor of Education, Associate Pastor of Administration, and Executive Pastor
• When called upon, employee should willingly perform such tasks, which might not be considered part of the normal position description.
Education and Experience
• College degree: required
• Post-Graduate degree: preferred
• Seminary: preferred
• Experience leading multiple expressions of worship
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Qualification and Requirements
• Demonstrate an evident calling, quality training, and sincere passion to minister to the church through Spirit-led worship
• Exhibit a passion for worship that grows from seeking God through His Word and a vibrant prayer life
• Embrace and live out the Core Values and Beliefs of First Baptist Church of Arlington (www.fbca.org/corevalues and www.fbca.org/corebeliefs)
• Exhibit spiritual maturity in actions and decisions
• Inspire and equip those who enlist as volunteers to work efficiently and effectively in the Music and Worship Ministry
• Display proven skills in time management, communication, and teamwork
• Establish effective working relationships with others, demonstrating genuine love and concern
• Embrace and utilize multiple genres and styles of worship
• Understand, explain and teach musical theory as it applies to worship environments
• Demonstrate proficiency with voice and instrument(s)
• Identify theological quality and accuracy of lyrics
Shepherding and Leading
• The position is a pastoral position and therefore requires that the individual be able to serve as a shepherd of the hearts and spirits of all who serve in the worship ministries and the church as a whole.
• The Associate Pastor of Music and Worship will lead the worship ministry teams to recognize that the motivation and purpose of worship is to glorify God.
• This role will require a constant pursuit of excellence both on and off stage and constant growth as a child of God, minister to people, and a musician/worship leader.
• The Associate Pastor of Music and Worship will serve as a pastoral partner with the church leadership, participating in overall ministry planning as well as other tasks in keeping with their gifts and passions.
• The Associate Pastor of Music and Worship will demonstrate personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of ministry.
301 S CENTER ST STE 500
Arlington, TX 76010