This position is primarily responsible for adults ages 60+.
• Help create a culture of healthy relationships among the entire body of First Baptist Church
• Lead in reaching out beyond the church in evangelism
• Build and lead teams for discipleship, and fellowship
• Equip, organize and mobilize our senior adults in reaching other senior adults with the express purpose of winning them to Christ.
• Encourage senior adults to be bridge builders to the next generation.
• To be personally involved in outreach to non-believers, especially senior adults.
• Plan, promote and lead events and activities specifically designed with the non-believer in mind.
• Recruit, train and lead Sunday School leaders of Sr. Adults
• To help develop group solidarity, identity and unity of purpose among First Family senior adults.
• Love, value, care for, and spend time with senior adults for the purpose of understanding and responding to their unique and legitimate needs.
• Organize and provide regular opportunities for senior adults to get together for Christian fellowship.
• Work with the pastor and staff team in finding, promoting and planning times and ways for inter-generational activities.
• Plan and lead daytime conferences, seminars and development opportunities for senior adults on subjects/issues of need and interest.
• Provide training in evangelism and effective ways to share our faith, especially with other senior adults.
• Lead Wednesday night adult groups as requested
• Personally minister to the needs of senior adults and to equip, organize and mobilize senior adults for ministry to one another, using their spiritual gifts and life experiences both inside and outside the church.
• Share the pastoral care load, especially hospital, homebound and nursing home visitation of senior adults, and to mobilize senior adults to be involved in this ministry.
• Work with the Senior Adult Council in the fulfillment of the mission and purposes of the church
• Maintain regular weekly publicity of activities & programs, using FBC publications, as well as local news media when appropriate
• Pastoral duties such as hospital visitation, funerals, weddings, preaching, teaching, etc.
• Prepare annual budget recommendations for appropriate line items and administer approved budget
• Supervise assigned personnel
• Attend conferences and seminars to further develop skills for ministry
• Work as a team member of the staff under the leadership of the pastor and accept any assignment from time to time as may be helpful to the overall work of the church
• Maintain an active devotional life
Requirements, Skills & Attributes:
• Spiritually gifted in evangelism
• Able and willing to relate to all ages
• Strong inter-personal skills--a "people person"
• Strong understanding of "builder" and "boomer" generations
• Ability to lead small and large groups
• Operate at a high level of organization and leadership
• Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate with other staff members
• Requires ability to speak confidently before groups
• Maintains a healthy lifestyle
• Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly
• Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks
400 Club Blvd
Mountain Home, AR 72653